Your dad's car....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
My Mum with my Dad's Austin A35?? I would of been a baby at a guess.
IMG_0004_zpsfedebcf1.jpg

Ding dong! Your mum looks quite tasty there. :smile:

Tim Hall

VW microbus. With curtains, a fold out table and some kind of highly hazardous fire extinguisher in it.
Austin Cambridge estate (Countryman?). Automatic, which lost reverse gear when we were on holiday in Dorest. YPN699 (blimey, where did I dredge that memory up from?). He made a wooden table affair to fill the rear set leg space. This was then covered in cushions, so we three children could sleep on the big drive down to the West Country for holidays.
Renault 6. 850cc. Hear it roar. Torsion arm suspension. Watch it wallow. He was working for Mullards at the time and put electronic ignition in it, a thermostatically controlled fan and dim dip headlights.
Vauxhall Viva, which I drove into the back of Roger Harris's car on the way to see the Life of Brian.

Large

Duty idiot
1969 Mini Cooper - KTH517G
1969-Mini-Cooper-155411351773755.JPG

1973 Morris Marina Coupe TC -FJR344L

Coupe09.JPG

1975 Datsun 120Y - JCY700N
spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

D2.jpg
1979 Ford Cortina 2.0S EOY853T (yes, this is a toy, couldn't find a decent pic of a real "S")

l.aspx?k=106489631.jpg

1983 Ford Sierra 2.0GL A779VWO in which I passed my test.

0281157-Ford-Sierra-1.6-GL-1982.jpg

Attachments

• spaceout.gif
    spaceout.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 36
U

User6179

Bought brand new 1977ish and scrapped 3 years later :laugh:, put me off Citroens for life
, it had crank handle like a diesel cement mixer so if it did not start with the key you could start it with the crank handle :becool:
!Byk8S+QCGk~$(KGrHqYOKkYEwREU53WDBMSV-Gw9Tw~~_12.JPG

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Black Morris Minor soft top (??? YOK)
Green Morris Minor traveller (276 MOG)
Dark blue Austin 1300 (XOA 976 J)
Baby-poop-yellow ("sand glow") Austin Princess. (no idea).

1969 Mini Cooper - KTH517G
1969-Mini-Cooper-155411351773755.JPG

1973 Morris Marina Coupe TC -FJR344L

Coupe09.JPG

1975 Datsun 120Y - JCY700N
spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

D2.jpg
1979 Ford Cortina 2.0S EOY853T (yes, this is a toy, couldn't find a decent pic of a real "S")

l.aspx?k=106489631.jpg

1983 Ford Sierra 2.0GL A779VWO in which I passed my test.

0281157-Ford-Sierra-1.6-GL-1982.jpg

Do you remember when the Sierra came out it was called a "jelly mould" as it was though of as so rounded and characterless. Seems we have gone much more rounded and characterless since then.

Attachments

• spaceout.gif
    spaceout.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 46

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
My dad learnt to drive in granddad's Ford V8 Pilot
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGs0yPUpH161vWb-4oD8dX08dk4BeRzQzjaSYptEgDhBDUUXeWEg.jpg
then bought himself an Austin 7 Ruby
austin7.jpg
as his first car.
He then got a Morris 8, Morris Minor Traveller. Hillman Super Minx, Vauxhall Cavalier, Rover P1 3.5, (he then bought a batter Rover 100 and rebuilt it, gave it to my middle brother who promptly sold it), Toyota Corona (my youngest brother got this and he turned it over in the snow). Another Toyota so soulless I can't recall it and currently a Toyota Carina.

LimeBurn

Über Member
My dads car choices depended on how we were financially so we went from cool to OMG quite regularly, here we go from what my memory can muster.
Sunbeam rapier
Austin healey frogeye sprite
Rover v8
Triumph 2000
Vauxhall victor
Vw fastback (hated at time but in love now)
Reliant kitten :/
Volvo 240, 360 and 480
I then left home

Large

Duty idiot
Do you remember when the Sierra came out it was called a "jelly mould" as it was though of as so rounded and characterless. Seems we have gone much more rounded and characterless since then.

Yes, I remember the jelly mould jibes. I think Hyundai (who assembled Mk4 Cortinas in Korea a the time) ran an ad for one of their products which did feature a jelly mould resembling closesly a Sierra hatchback. I also remember the back window of the Sierra estated being described as a goldfish bowl.

I had a Sierra myself, bought when I was 18 with expensive finance) which I absolutely loved. Until I wrote it off on a wet night on a blind bend. Ended up on its roof. luckly for me the only window not to break was in the driver's door. Walked away without a scratch. Had I been anywhere else in the car, or had anyone been with me, there would have been some serious injury.

Top Bottom