Your dad's car....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
My dad had one of these:

ford-cortina-estate_8fd41.jpg

Having six kids meant he needed a "roomy" car to fit us all in.

I have fond memories of sitting in the large boot space at the back on family days out with my tape recorder playing the Top 40 I'd recorded the previous Sunday (desperately trying to chop out all the bits where the DJs are talking ... :laugh:).

No rear seat belts either ... :eek:

(Note - dad's might have been a Mk3, but ISTR it as a Mk4 [Square headlamps + plastic bumper end caps]).
thaty a Cortina 80 ( or Mk 5 if you wish) the indicators curve round and marks it out as a Mk5/ 80

a Mk 4 looks like
mkiv.jpg

without the curved indicators. the rear light clusters were also very different

yes I was a ford nerd

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 2882819, member: 9609"]I remember someone living nearby having the Mexico RS1600 version of the above - thought it was the coolest thing in the whole wide world, used to have to view it from a distance because the bloke who owned it didn't like people looking at it and he used to beat up kids who got too close - (yes it was a very odd place i was raised)[/quote]
I remember those... forerunner to the RS2000, and much better looking. Dad's was nowt special. 2nd hand L reg, I think he owned it between say '77 and '80... but i recall seeing it running about in the early 90's.

Top Bottom