Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
St Julien-en-Quint

DSC00843.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
St Andrews Church, Mutford, Suffolk:

Attachments

• IMG_4898.jpeg
    IMG_4898.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 7

gtmet

Über Member
... in front of Saint Mary the Virgin, Tetbury.
240809-7771 Tetbury St Mary the Virgin-nave S side-sovereign.JPG

Eighteenth century gothic in wood, creating a marvel of light and height for which the term 'pastiche' would be impolite.

240809-7775 Tetbury St Mary the Virgin.-nave from under gallery.JPG

Monuments and gallery of its own era.

240809-7779 Tetbury St Mary the Virgin-nave gallery.JPG

240809-7778 Tetbury St Mary the Virgin-N aisle end bas relief monuments.JPG

The fourth highest spire in the kingdom, so I had to back off about one kilometre to get it in.

240809-7803 Tetbury St Mary the Virgin across fields-sovereign.JPG

Alex321

Guru
St Michaels Church, Rushmere, Lowestoft:

Just out of interest, why do you always post thumbnails, rather than full images?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Just out of interest, why do you always post thumbnails, rather than full images?

Hi.

I always write my text. And add my images using the ‘Attach Files’ option underneath. Getting them directly off my phone…….is there another way ? 🤷‍♂️ Have I unknowingly (?) changed something in my settings ? Does it bug you / everyone else ?

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpeg
    IMG_4924.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 4

Alex321

Guru
Hi.

I always write my text. And add my images using the ‘Attach Files’ option underneath. Getting them directly off my phone…….is there another way ? 🤷‍♂️ Have I unknowingly (?) changed something in my settings ? Does it bug you / everyone else ?

It defaults to thumbnail when you take it from your phone, but when it loads, there is an "insert..." showing, which if you click on it gives you the option of thumbnail or full image.
Also, there is the button to the right of the paperclip, which is specifically for images - easier to find an image if you have a mix of files on your phone.

I don't know if it bugs anyone else, but it does bug me slightly.

1723494324550.png

Attachments

• 1000006961.jpg
    1000006961.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
It defaults to thumbnail when you take it from your phone, but when it loads, there is an "insert..." showing, which if you click on it gives you the option of thumbnail or full image.
Also, there is the button to the right of the paperclip, which is specifically for images - easier to find an image if you have a mix of files on your phone.

I don't know if it bugs anyone else, but it does bug me slightly.

View attachment 740954

Got yer - thanks.

I apologise for bugging you SLIGHTLY :hello:

I do have to say though - i've had occasion before where other peoples pictures have taken up more than my whole screen and have effected the way i could scroll (?). These were somehow overly large. Thats evem more annoying.....

At least being small you can either click, look, collapse and move on or not. But i'm guessing having to do that - is your bugbear.

gtmet

Über Member
... in front of Saint Mary the Virgin, Chedzoy.

240812-7928 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin.JPG

Pointed arches on cylindrical columns are said to be an English Benedictine anomaly. So far the only Benedictine link I can find is Bath Abbey's involvement in a three way dispute about the advowson.
240812-7893 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin-nave-arcades-chancel.JPG

Known for its deeply carved bench ends.
240812-7909 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin-carved bench end-Wyvern.JPG

240812-7910 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin-carved bench end-horse-unhorsed rider.JPG

& the chancel roof.

Attachments

• 240812-7899 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin-chancel roof detail.JPG
    240812-7899 Chedzoy St Mary the Virgin-chancel roof detail.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom