Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
IMG_20240621_123045.jpg

EckyH

Hiddingsel (have to visit that town again in the morning and with a wider lens on the camera):
20240623_191138.jpg

E.

FrothNinja

Veteran
St.Mary's Convent & end of St Mary's RC Church, Burnley
According to rhe pedia of Wiki it ;
"was built to designs by Weightman and Hadfield, which included a tall spire that was never built. The adjoining convent was founded in 1872 by the Sisters of Mercy. The church opened at the beginning of August 1849 amid scenes of pageantry and splendour, the entire church having been decked with flowers. Several bishops were present including Bishop Brown representing Lancashire, Bishop Briggs representing Yorkshire and Dr J Brown of Wales. Pontifical High Mass was celebrated after the singing of Terce, with an orchestral and choral setting of Haydn's Grand Mass No. 1. After the service over a hundred guests were given refreshment at the Bull Inn."
DSC_1533 St.Mary's Convent & end of St Mary's RC Church, Burnley.JPG

Willd

Guru
@Willd I see from your posts on the photo gallery you were in North Buckinghamshire. I have avoided the area in recent years because of the amount of rail construction traffic (HS2 and the East West Project) on formerly quiet country roads .Is it OK to return? .

Not sure, I was quite a bit further East (Wingrave in the bottom right below) and came down the A5. It does cause me quite a few issues more locally though, on the stretch between Brackley and Coventry :smile:

1719308916236.png

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Thanks Willd . My normal route was through Winslow , Verney junction , Padbury , Tingewick and then towards Brackley . I haven’t been that way since late summer 22 you have prompted me to try again may be a weekend ride this time .

Top Bottom