Would Joining a Cycling Club be Right For Me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
learnt his lesson!!! what is wrong with you people?

Learned!
Be a bunch of "lâcheurs" but spell proper, innit!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I looked on one of the local clubs sites and they welcome new people along for a ride on Sundays starting at 9! We usually like a lie in on the weekend. I think the ride is about 4 hours, 20 odd miles. That seems to be quite a while out away from SWMBO who would probably want me to help in the garden.
There is one good reason for you to join the club...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
FFS it’s a club, it should about friendship, camaraderie, respect. Not punishing people for simply forgetting something.
Forgetting is one thing. A friend of mine said that he did a long ride the other day and didn't realise that he had left his pump at home until he got back. Asking for help in that situation is fair enough.

Being like the rider that I mentioned above and NEVER carrying spares or tools - that is a completely different thing!

I have donated tubes to stranded strangers in the past but if one told me that he was stranded because he couldn't be bothered to carry stuff I would have carried on and left him to his long walk or wait for a taxi/lift.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On an audax once I pulled over to help a rider, which I don't mind. I don't recall if I changed the tube but I definitely recall that she had no pump. Anyway it turned out that she was with a club and all her club mates had left her, which I thought was a bit mean.

We rode together for quite a while because she wasn't confident about navigating. I don't recall reaching the finish with her - I think I was too slow and she set off at her own pace, trusting to find other riders to follow.

Top Bottom