Which former famous person would you take down the pub, or to any event etc to impress your friends?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seevio

Guru
Noddy Holder, let him join in the karaoke!

For the love of sweet baby Jeebus, don't let him do it any later in the year than Halloween.

As an aside, I suspect that when Accy said formerly famous people, the formerly part refers to "famous" and not "people". Got to love the ambiguities of English.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Alonso de Guzmàn.

I'd love to discuss over a pint of Stout, his first lesson he received in Elizabethan naval warfare tactics by the English since he had none before he left Spain with his grand Armada...

Chris S

Legendary Member
Enoch Powell , I would ask him if he remembered me delivering his newspapers as kid and what his thoughts were on the current state of the country.

He was a frequent visitor to my old school ('The Orphanage') though it was just before my time. By all accounts he wasn't the unpleasant person that you would have expected him to be.

powell.jpg

matiz

Guru
I
Know the Royal school well I worked on a painting gang there one summer in the 70s

Profpointy

Legendary Member
How about Desmond Tutu? He comes across as great fun as well as being an important figure and force for good

Was it on here I heard a lovely anecdote about someone from the UK going to a service in his cathedral. On leaving, he's at the door shaking each member of the congregation's hand and exchanging a few words. They own up that they are technically Methodists, and Tutu then looks awfully serious and says "I forgive you my children", then after a couple of seconds cracks up with that wonderful laugh of his

In any case, anyone who has a degree grade named after him must be worth meeting

Top Bottom