When is the last time you checked your cycling clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conrad_K

unindicted co-conspirator
You're supposed to tuck your tie in your shirt when you're working on things. Though if you want that retro 1970s look, you can just wear a sports jacket over a turtleneck shirt.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
My cycling clothes and normal clothes seem to have merged; merino tops for six months of the year, Endura shorts and trousers much of the time, a couple of Montane jackets and waterproof trainers.

No lycra, padded shorts or wobbly shoes, ever . I've never had a cycling jersey.

Same.. a range of CRC-fire-sale Merino base layers (short sleeved, long sleeved, long sleeved zip-neck), an old RAB synthetic base layer that's tatty but seemingly indestructable for when I have to wear the rucksack, cheap Regatta walking fleece, cheap Mountain Warehouse walking trousers / 3/4 lengths / zip-offs (with the legs lost :sad: )

There's also a range of waterproof gear; most of which is walking-centric.

Most of the above gets used for anything technical (walking, stuff on the rings) and occasionally the merino base layers find their way into daily wear as they're comfy on the skin. really pleased with these - only regret is that I didn't buy more at the time..

The only cycling-specific stuff I have is the SPD shoes, which rarely get worn. Almost pushed myself towards more road-centric stuff at one point, but glad I didn't. Not averse to some more / better quality cycling-specific clothing (considering a Gore jacket and still need some decent waterproof gloves).. but what I have has most bases covered.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It's so damned irritating when one is oiling one's chain and gets one's tie caught in the chain wheel.

It looks bad to have oil on the tie when you attend one's school reunion.

A cravat is the answer

0006986_empire-cravat.jpg

freiston

Veteran
Same.. a range of CRC-fire-sale . . .
I read that and in my head read "RJC" (R J Chicken) instead of "CRC" - that was a blast from the past!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I always wear gloves on the bike, if you've ever fallen/been knocked off you'll know why., don't go for the plastic headwear but on some bikes I will use cycling shoes and as for Lycra well I got sick of wearing the arse out of my favourite Jeans.

Try picking grit out of your palms for a couple of hours and not being able to hold anything for a fortnight

I wear full finger lycra running gloves even in summer as the windchill from riding even on a sunny day can set my reynauds off

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a recent clear out of old bibs/tops/socks in a bid to rationalise. Bought a couple of new base layers as they are the item that get's the most 'abuse'.

It's so damned irritating when one is oiling one's chain and gets one's tie caught in the chain wheel.

It looks bad to have oil on the tie when you attend one's school reunion.

Surely one's waistcoat would hold one's tie in place

as well as the mother-of-pearl tie pin with the diamond stud

Honestly - dress standards on this forum are slipping terribly in spit of the manly efforts of Accy

Top Bottom