When is the last time you checked your cycling clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I checked my cycling Y fronts for skidmarks in 2019.

You’ve bought a back brake since then, yes?

Sharky

Guru
Just checked an old and sentimental "trade" cycling jacket, passed down from my dad, over 30 years ago.
Alas, the zip had corroded and I could not pull it up.

So, dilema whether to get the zip replaced or just to accept that it's come to it's end of life.
Or just leave it hanging in the garage for my kids to sort out, hopefully in many years time.

Sharky

Guru
How many of the short sleeve are event jerseys?

I've got a "Ride London" jersey in my drawer, never been worn.
I entered one of the earlier editions and paid my entrance fee (£45?), but did not get a place. Instead, they sent me a jersey.
I just can't wear it , knowing I didn't actually ride it and would be embarased should anybody ask me what the ride was like.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I just can't wear it , knowing I didn't actually ride it

You need to explain the jersey isn’t for riding the event. It’s just something you get for applying.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I bought a pair of white swimming trunks once, they went completely transparent when wet. Fortunately I checked them in the shower before I took them to the pool.

If we forgot your swimming trunks at school we had to swim in white nylon gym shorts.
They went transparent, so you never forgot them more than once.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not often enough for some cyclists who feel the need to exhibit their bumcrack through their ancient thin shorts (although le col ones seem to come like this as standard or perish v quickly)

I totally agree with this. I wear Gore mtb shorts over my bib shorts. I am 66 years old. 😁

I saw a guy in see through shorts cycling up a hill once. It effected me so much that I promised myself that I would never be that man.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've got a "Ride London" jersey in my drawer, never been worn.
I entered one of the earlier editions and paid my entrance fee (£45?), but did not get a place. Instead, they sent me a jersey.
I just can't wear it , knowing I didn't actually ride it and would be embarased should anybody ask me what the ride was like.

I have the same, back from the days when RL was hard to enter. I also didn't get a place.

I have no shame. I wore mine and still wear it. It's one of my 3 nice winter jerseys. (The other 2 are Aldi specials)

Top Bottom