When is the last time you checked your cycling clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
View attachment 733141

But seriously, more of my wardrobe space is given over to cycle/hiking clothing than to civilian clothing!

But these are not plus fours. More like plus twos which I wore a few years ago.

Last year I had an accident and fell off
broke my arm a bit

some time later I was wearing the same shorts again - the normal shorts that I used for cycling (I don;t have specific cycling stuff except shoes!)
which I had done for severl trips out - shops and the like

I noticed that the was a hug rip down the back and my bum and undies were on show when I was standing or walking

AND MY WIFE HAD NOT NOTICED
I had even been wearing them around the house for several days

seems like the first excitement of marriage is well and truly gone!!!

All uphill

Still rolling along
My cycling clothes and normal clothes seem to have merged; merino tops for six months of the year, Endura shorts and trousers much of the time, a couple of Montane jackets and waterproof trainers.

No lycra, padded shorts or wobbly shoes, ever . I've never had a cycling jersey.

Conrad_K

unindicted co-conspirator
I ride with the same clothes and shoes I wear at any other time. Plastic hats aren't required here, but I'll sometimes wear my 1995 Ozzy concert tour hat when the sun is at a low angle.

On a given ride at the Riverfront I might see a hundred or more other riders, but they'll all be wearing dorky padded shorts, a jersey with advertising, and a plastic hat. About half of them will be wearing gloves, even with the temperature near 100F.

"Who let that weird guy on the bike trails, and why isn't he wearing the proper uniform?!"

presta

Guru
I mostly cycled in the walking gear I already had, apart from the Lycra shorts. I did change from polycotton zip-offs to Ron Hill Bikesters after a few years, but that's about all. I was tempted to try pukka cycling shoes once, but never found any that both fitted and were suitable for walking in.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I have my tweed jacket and plus fours. What else do I need?

These

81aTAB3DURL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
About half of them will be wearing gloves, even with the temperature near 100F.
I always wear gloves on the bike, if you've ever fallen/been knocked off you'll know why., don't go for the plastic headwear but on some bikes I will use cycling shoes and as for Lycra well I got sick of wearing the arse out of my favourite Jeans.

Try picking grit out of your palms for a couple of hours and not being able to hold anything for a fortnight

Top Bottom