What other forums are you a member of?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Land Rover Discovery 3/4 owners’ forum.

Likewise, although I haven't posted much for a while. It's a fantastic source of advice and sometimes parts.

Reading this has made me realise that I'm a member of far too many forums. As well as this august forum I mainly dabble with TheFretboard.co.uk and because (or possibly in spite of) my military hobby/part time job I'm also a member of the ARmy Rumour SErvice.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I ended up joining TDPRI, a telecaster discussion forum. When researching how to build a bass, lots of google results for various questions were either TalkBass or TDPRI's DIY sub-forum. I've had some invaluable advice from the people over there and seeing the quality of some of the builds is an inspiration.

but other than that, just this one.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think it depends on what I am/was into at the time. I previously dabbled in car audio, so joined a car audio forum. Lots of good advice. I was also looking to upgrade my home audio system, so joined a home audio forum. Again, lots of good advice but it can also be found on here. I did also join Mumsnet (yes) when I was going through some turbulant times with my ex and had mental health problems. There was a little bit of advice I suppose, but a lot of it was very judgemental and I was often being tarred with a very wide brush.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I haven't visited it much recently, but I am a member of the snowheads forum (dedicated to snow sports, not drugs :biggrin: ).

I was a member of and moderator on the Supercell forum (a mobile games company) until that was closed down in favour of the company using other forms of social media.

I joined Snowheads briefly to try and discover how to get from Bourg St Maurice to Val d'Isere in the evening without being stiffed for £70 by the rapacious local taxi drivers. They told me exactly how to do it.......smile sweetly at a ski company rep at the station and bum a ride on one of their coaches up the mountain. Surprisingly, it worked.

Gunk

Guru
Interested in hearing what other website forums our cycling community are members of or if you are just solely dedicated to cycling. I'm a member on a couple of others:

- A Bolton Wanderers supporters forum
- Pistonheads (sorry we surely all don't hate cars ^_^)

I used to be quite active on Pistonheads, but pulled away a couple of years ago as I felt that it changed into quite a toxic place.

Forgot about that, I'm on a couple of Facebook groups for plastic kits, I love watching the rivet counters argue about the correct shade of green for a Spitfire's camouflage. 😂

I seem to have found the disreputable minority in both; for some reason, narrow gauge model making is pleasantly free of people telling each other what is the "right" way to do things. This is probably because there are a lot of people making entirely imaginary models, rather than striving to make accurate replicas of real machines. The post "Not my style but excellent work, well done" was so common it was suggested it should be a one-click response option.

In tabletop gaming I hang out with the nerds nerds in the Pulp and steampunk gaming with silly contraptions and story based games.

On a busy day the numbers get into double figures...

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I got banned from TalkBass for refusing to remove my thin blue line profile pic.

The US one is fairly political, but the UK one is a bona fide charity, but the tools in charge just didnt grasp that. They got a bit arsey, I lost my rag and told the admin he was a @#£ %^&#* @#÷× and I was banned.

And that's the last forum I ever bothered with after this hallowed establishment.

Are you sure you've spelled that right?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No other fora, but I follow several UK gardening channels on YouTube, an Owl (from Russia) channel, many cat channels 🐱
Forgot: I'm subscribed to the Women's Cycling Forum on FB, but I don't contribute very often.

Top Bottom