What other forums are you a member of?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame, I might have joined that.

As it is it's just TalkBass.com 2FiftyCC.com & squire-talk.com.

You might like TalkBass DC although I warn you it's mainly Americans.

I joined and left Talkbass many years ago. No idea of civilised, interested conversation.
I really hope that's squier-talk.com. If that's not a spelling goof, then I'd be simply unable to participate!

I have a few forum interests
Kodiaq Owners
Yeti Owners (as I was trying to persuade SWMBO to swap her Q3 for one)
Skoda Owners

And, dating back to my days of owning Solihull products
LandRover UK (aka 'LRUKforum')
Mud-Club (no!!, not the 'gentlemens club', in Barnsley, where scantily clad ladies slither about in the River Dearne!)

I
...and periodically check in on, but rarely post on (as BikeCurious) Retrobike, specifically the classic road section https://www.retrobike.co.uk/forums/retro-classic-road.12/
I'm still a member on there (well, I've not deleted the account), I ought to have another look, as i have a (1994) Dyna-Techh 755Ti, that I ought tp pass on to someone
Plus, I used to enjpy reminscing about Pace RC100s on there, & sometimes bewailing the fact that I never owned a Ritchey P21

Last edited:

stephec

Squire
I got banned from TalkBass for refusing to remove my thin blue line profile pic.

The US one is fairly political, but the UK one is a bona fide charity, but the tools in charge just didnt grasp that. They got a bit arsey, I lost my rag and told the admin he was a @#£ %^&#* @#÷× and I was banned.

And that's the last forum I ever bothered with after this hallowed establishment.

That's still not the greatest flounce of all though. 😂

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
At the start of the Covid thing, thinking that I would be isolated from the world forever, I signed up to some kind of "local neighbourhood" site.

It turned out to be populated by a huge bunch of entirely mad swivel-eyed cat lovers, curtain-twitchers and diverse neurots complaining about simply everything ......the noise of a helicopter, police sirens, a dog pissing on the pavement etc etc etc. I never knew that I lived amongst such nutters.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
At the start of the Covid thing, thinking that I would be isolated from the world forever, I signed up to some kind of "local neighbourhood" site.

It turned out to be populated by a huge bunch of entirely mad swivel-eyed cat lovers, curtain-twitchers and diverse neurots complaining about simply everything ......the noise of a helicopter, police sirens, a dog pissing on the pavement etc etc etc. I never knew that I lived amongst such nutters.

Similar happened to me. I joined a local WhatsApp group. To begin with it was nice things like "my kids want some egg boxes for an art project". But it soon degenerated. I muted it after about a week. I left it after about 10 days.

Similar happened to me. I joined a local WhatsApp group. To begin with it was nice things like "my kids want some egg boxes for an art project". But it soon degenerated. I muted it after about a week. I left it after about 10 days.

you do get some nutters on the local groups round here

Clearly no-one EVER votes for the local MP - he is terrible - no-one likes him

etc etc - then he gets back in with a huge majority again so I suspect they are loud but not numerous!
same for their views on everything
I am quite good at ignoring them and looking at the other bits but it would be easy to be taken in and think they were talking from a point of authority and knowledge

Actually my wife rang her sister last night and she has fallen for all the carp about the Southport stabbings so had to be redirected to irrelevant things like truth and evidence and reliable sources of information
This is quite common - and worrying

vickster

Legendary Member

That'll be Nextdoor...home of the toxic NIMBY...I find it hilarious and indulge in the odd wind up :biggrin: You just need to mention ULEZ or Sadiq Khan and they go absolutely berserk :rofl: Good place if you need a cleaner or handyman though...every other post is someone offering their services :rolleyes:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Our local FB group is not too bad, there are recurring problems that people keep complaining about like boy racers in the beach car park, and dog poo everywhere. I've helped out a few people who need to borrow tools or something, but a lot of it is just "have you seen this cat?". It's also quite funny when someone complains about music from a house on a saturday evening, then the homeowner replies and says "it's me - great music isn't it?". And 90% of the replies thereafter are from people saying things like "I'm enjoying it, turn it up" or "they're just having fun, stop whinging"

Local forums on FB are hilarious, I'm in a couple mostly for genuine local news (it can happen occasionally) as the actual local news sites are all those horrible Reach media sites.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Our COVID lockdown street support group went from nice people helping each other out to a toilet blocked with subnormal conspiracy theories in a matter of days. When it first started I was potting up some tomato and chilli plants and I thought "I'll be a good neighbour and distribute my surplus plants when they are established." Sod that.

Last edited:
Our local FB group is not too bad, there are recurring problems that people keep complaining about like boy racers in the beach car park, and dog poo everywhere. I've helped out a few people who need to borrow tools or something, but a lot of it is just "have you seen this cat?". It's also quite funny when someone complains about music from a house on a saturday evening, then the homeowner replies and says "it's me - great music isn't it?". And 90% of the replies thereafter are from people saying things like "I'm enjoying it, turn it up" or "they're just having fun, stop whinging"

Funny how a lot of those post moaning about fly-tipping and stuff seem to stop when I give them a link so they can report it to the local counsel.

It is almost as if some of them are all for moaning to everyone who will listen but don;t actually think they should have to do anything about it themselves - even if it involves almost zero effort!

I have seen some people who genuinely seem to think that "the counsel" - which sometimes includes the local MP - should know about every single fly tip and pothole etc by some form of magical intuition
and the local people should never have to help out by reporting stuff at all!

I have generally found our local lot to be pretty good at sorting out the little things if it gets reported!

There have been cases when I have told people how to do it just to annoy them and spoil their fun moaning!!!

Top Bottom