What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A client who is a very experienced bike wrench offered to do a couple of training sessions for us. Today I arranged for him to teach us about Magura brakes, so we had a couple of hours dismantling and resetting some on a bike in for repair.

Also, I've gone and started refurbishing a bike again:

2023_08_22_Commuter_refurb_01.jpg

This is the "commuter" bike, which spent a lot of its life chained to various lampposts in Stuttgart looking too tatty to get stolen. It really needed some TLC; apart from anything else, the middle chainwheel was badly worn, but also it the paint was cracking and getting rusty, so I'm using it as a test bed for Spray.Bike paints before trying them on bikes I'll be using more often. Tomorrow I'll be testing the claim that I only need one can to paint the bike...

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Swapped saddles and peddles on the galaxy and fitted a saddle and some peddles to the Pinnacle

IMG_20230823_064622935.jpg

Windle

Über Member
I always feel queasy when see a bike being worked on upside down

Especially when someone's up-ended it on the pavement and will inevitably scuff the crap out of the saddle & hoods :stop:.
Luckily my last p#nct@re was right next to some railings so I just hung the back of the bike on them by the saddle to take the rear wheel out ^_^.

C R

Guru
Especially when someone's up-ended it on the pavement and will inevitably scuff the crap out of the saddle & hoods :stop:.
Luckily my last p#nct@re was right next to some railings so I just hung the back of the bike on them by the saddle to take the rear wheel out ^_^.

Thus potentially scratching the frame...

GuyBoden

Guru
Jacques Anquetil. How to remove a rear wheel?

124335721-82a88b7d-8cdc-49a2-9d3f-4446eab2a2b8.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Swapped the commuter bike. I think I've either a loose freehub or a snapped axel on my commuter. Just been on ebay and ordered a used M737 XT hub for £15, so I can strip it for spares, just in case. Most are selling for £30 plus. I bought a pair of M737 hubs at the start of the year and built them into wheels, so hope this is just a loose freehub.

Top Bottom