What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Veteran
It’s a detergent, and the foamer uses very little of it.

I realise its a detergent, but most detergents don't foam like that so I always wonder what it is and if its a problem in our water ways.

newts

Veteran
It dissolves really quickly

Your normally putting 75-100ml of foam detergent into 900ml of water in a foam lance. By the time it goes through a pressure washer it's diluted through another 6-7 litres of water to produce foam. Followed by a rinse of 12-16 litres of water the original detergent is very diluted.

Mounted tyres (Continental Contact Urban) and tubes on the Hunt 4 Season Superdura wheels that were delivred earlier in the week.
The front went on fairly easy. The rear was a bit of a fight and I must have nicked the tube in the process of mounting the tyre. Somewhat easier second time around.

The tyres do look like a good compromise between something like a Schwalbe Marathon and a regular road tyre. Looking forward to trying them out when the bike arrives.

Jameshow

Veteran
New tyres on the winter bike schwalbe cx pro 35.
Didn't fit my son's allez so swapped for some wiggle 28mm lifelines!👍
IMG-20240830-WA0005.jpeg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Collected the beater from the LBS today. What they’d done was in essence ‘ok’ - but they just don’t quite have the attention to detail to tick all my boxes…..

So upon getting home I: straightened l/h lock on grip, got both brake levers at the exact same angle, straightened up a bar end, centred the stem cap, tightened the front brake cable, checked and adjusted tyre pressures and raised the seat by the merest smidgeon.

**Not all were their ‘issues’ after working on the bike - but if nothing else it gave me the chance of a good all-over check before tomorrows ride 👍

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Test fitted the pannier rack and checked for heal catch on panniers. KAW from Friday. Used longer bolts to help squeeze the p clips together then replaced with shorter ones. Doubled up on the 'nuts' and am carrying spares. Top attached to an old bike light mount on the seat post. Works a treat.

Just need to adjust the pannier clips once this week's commutes are over (I commute on a different bike)

20240902_104658.jpg

Last edited:
@EckyH That Genesis looks well smart.

Not sure I've ever seen a pannier rack on a Colnago. Noice!

I fettled my cycling repair toolkit. Took out all the spare parts piled up in it and put those away separately. Took out some junk tools - in fact I binned them. Cheap headset spanners that were losing their plating and bent up because they appear to be be made from cheese, and the like.
I marvelled at how the decent tools have stood up well to the test of time and put those back.

Sort of contemplating a Park Tool toolkit - even though I have a few of the pieces already, I think it could work out cheaper in the long run. I need to work out what I actually need/could do with and tot it up.

What I do know is that I'm done with cheap tools. They are false economy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom