What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Fabulous adventure film I really enjoyed watching this again. I first watched it circa 1959 and it is still an enjoyable film.

IMG_2616.jpeg

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hidden City (1987) ...absolute tripe.

stephec

Squire
Hope and Glory

I meant to go and watch this when it first came out in 1988, but never go round to it.

Since then it's been on my list of films to watch, but for some reason it's always eluded me, then finally last night I found it on Prime and pounced before it got away again.

After thirty six years it was well worth the wait, I do like stories of the home front and this was a good one, the eccentric grandad was brilliant. 😂

8/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
Little Bites - 5/10

I always feel a little bad for Spider One as comparisons to his big brother Rob Zombie are inevitable, but he doesn't do himself any favours by following so closely in his footsteps.

He tries his best here to get a little deeper with a film about motherly sacrifice which gets confused with monsters and gore to the point where it just falls messily apart.

Drago

Legendary Member
Wanted Man starring Dolph Lundgren.

What an absolute pile of balls from start to finish. Dire acting, dreadful, directing, special effects that make a ZX Spectrum graphics seem coil.

1/10. And it only gets the 1 because Lundgren deserves some kudos for entering cinematic history by killing Apollo Creed.

The Warriors

This was the Directors Cut as well which has the comic panel inserts used as a framing device for the story, I've read some criticism of them but this is what the director wanted so its fine by me.

It's one of my favourite films, I've probably watched it 50 times but I always enjoy it. I love New York as a film setting, especially 1970s New York. The violence isn't overly graphic, but enough to get you into it.

And of course, that soundtrack ❤️

Attachments

• R(1).gif
    R(1).gif
    382.3 KB · Views: 3

AndyRM

XOXO
Rebel Ridge - 8/10

Nothing new story wise as a corrupt small town police force wrongs a minority fella, seriously underestimating his motives and desire for revenge, but the believable performances take it up a notch.

Added bonus is that our hero rides a bicycle.

Adam4868

Guru
The Joker 2
Hearing it was a musical film could of put me off,can't stand them ! But thought I'd give it a go anyway...I knew I shouldn't have bothered.
Not for me,thought it was dire.

slow horse

The latest Salem's Lot, which has apparently been sitting on the shelf for 3 years. Maybe should've stayed there. When Bill Camp appeared I had hope, but it turned out to be unsatisfying except for a few nice visuals. Last time I saw Camp was the remake of Presumed Innocent, which against all odds I ended up liking.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I've not been sure what to make of the reviews of Folie a Deux which I'm hoping to see this weekend. It was always going to be tough to follow Joker, which for me is one of the best mainstream portrayal of mental health problems I've seen.

AndyRM

XOXO
Upgrade - 8/10

Augmented humans and warnings against too much technology aren't anything new, but I really enjoyed this take on the subject from the same fella who brought us The Invisible Man. A seemingly random accident gone badly wrong sees a guy turned into a paraplegic, only to be given hope in the form of a microchip which returns his bodily functions, so he goes on a quest for revenge.

For all it's a cautionary tale, it's a lot less serious than other films because of the way the computer and human interact. The look and feel is cleverly stylised to the point of unreality which really fits the message of the film.

Top Bottom