What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was going to save this till tonight, but I'm watching it now. Maybe I'll watch half then the other half tonight.

:popcorn:

stephec

Squire
The acting is a bit wooden at times, but most was in those days, going off all the films I've seen of that time. My parent's across the street neighbour was a niece of Basil Rathbone. She showed us signed photos of him and letters from him to her.

Nigel Bruce always struck me as being a bit over the top as Watson, almost like a comedy buffoon at times.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You are already only watching half because you are messing about online while it is on, so that means you will watch the other quarter! :laugh:

I gave up after half an hour of it. It was so :tired:

Witness
Peter Weir classic with Harrison Ford making a brown suit look good and Kelly McGillis off the Vemeer painting.
Lukas Haas suffered the fate of most child actors, of peaking too soon. A young Viggo Mortensen, one to watch.

mustang1

Legendary Member
K-PAX.

Stars Spacey, Ferrell. I've watched this movie before and I really liked it. Watched it again a few days ago and overall I still liked it but the script for one of the characters became a bit tiring (I won't describe it any more else it might give some spoilers). It's still an enjoyable and worthwhile watch.

Also watched...

Stir Crazy starring Prior and Wilder. I bought this movie on a whim as I really liked those two actors in See no evil, hear no evil. Stir Crazy is no where near as funny and actually I stopped watching it halfway as I had better things to do. I'll get back to it later.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Ad Astra. Watched this with my 12yo son as something to do as we were both sofa-bound with illness. I'm not sure either of us felt any better afterwards. It's very slow, lots of voice-over monologue, introspection, facing personal demons and historic paternal relationship issues, uncovering truths which counter accepted wisdom - and all set in space. It wasn't bad really - nicely shot but quite heavy and dour and not the pickmeup we might have preferred.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Witness
Peter Weir classic with Harrison Ford making a brown suit look good and Kelly McGillis off the Vemeer painting.
Lukas Haas suffered the fate of most child actors, of peaking too soon. A young Viggo Mortensen, one to watch.

It's a pretty good film isn't it. Not realised it was a Peter Weir film. Look out for his film, The Last Wave which combines modern Australia with what may or may not be Aboriginal magic. A somewhat creepy classic film. Less keen on Picnic at Hanging Rock, despite it looking great as I don't think it really plays fair with the audience

I for one would have stayed on the farm with Kelly McGillis !😻

Top Bottom