What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I didn't know it had different names, I've always known it as Holocaust 2000.

So I was very confused by your review because it's Kirk Douglas in the lead role...

De Martino basically just ripped off big Hollywood films. I've seen a few of them, including Holocaust 2000 and would agree that it is pretty poor.

you're right... i'm getting my Kirks confused :wacko:

D

Deleted member 26715

Ghostbusters Afterlife it was probably worth the £1.99 it cost

Wife loves these films, so I pushed the boat out & made it a huge birthday treat for her :laugh: it was watchable.

stephec

Squire
The Chosen (1977)...

A cheap rip-off of The Omen in which the entire budget was blown on hiring Kurt Russel to play the lead role. Apparently it's a cult classic (AKA, a sh!t film). Highpoints were an underwhelming helicopter decapitation and an unconvincing security shutter dissection. Low points were an underwhelming helicopter decapitation and an unconvincing security shutter dissection. 3/10

You're almost making me want to seek that one out. 😊

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Anna

Hot young wastrell is coached by woman of a certain age to be a hot young assassin and covert operator.
Luc Bresson dusts off his plot archive but with a twist. Whereas Nikita was a brunette, Anna is a blonde.
After 1 year of combat training our hot young, blonde assassin can now take on a roomful of professional henchmen who have probably been combat training since they were 12 year old boys.
And she can turn up the next day looking fresh for her day job as a French supermodel.
Nice to look at. Well choreographed dance combat scenes. A few twists and turns. And Helen Mirren.

Whilst it is a bit of a retread of other Luc-B films I did find it rather entertaining, with enough twists and turns to keep you watching, and well enough done. Helen Mirren is of course excellent. By no means a masterpiece but a decent enough film to watch just for enjoyment - which sometimes exactly what you want

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Matrix Resurrections . Got it for free via Sky VIP rewards

Just as well really , as I didn't understand a damned word

1/10 just dreadful compared to the originals

Last edited:

Chief Broom

Veteran
Over the last few days ive watched Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien resurrection :wacko: gonna have bad dreams :laugh: Favourite is Aliens and least is Alien resurrection as that had too much unwarranted grossness in it.....could give the poor cuddly misunderstood Aliens a bad rep! :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
The Babysitter & The Babysitter: Killer Queen - 7/10

Over the top, pulpy, gory, silly B movies with a budget.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Great fun if you like that sort of thing, less so if you don't.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I watched The Good Liar with a friend last night. The stars were Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen. We both thought that the first half was quite entertaining but felt that the film started to, er, lose the plot later on!

Over the last few days ive watched Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien resurrection :wacko: gonna have bad dreams :laugh: Favourite is Aliens and least is Alien resurrection as that had too much unwarranted grossness in it.....could give the poor cuddly misunderstood Aliens a bad rep! :laugh:
I went to the cinema with a bunch of colleagues to watch Aliens when it first came out. One of them was clearly of a nervous disposition. He was jumping at some of the earlier scarier moments. When the alien started scuttling about in the ceiling above the crew members our mate screwed his eyes shut and put his fingers in his ears! :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I went to the cinema with a bunch of colleagues to watch Aliens when it first came out. One of them was clearly of a nervous disposition. He was jumping at some of the earlier scarier moments. When the alien started scuttling about in the ceiling above the crew members our mate screwed his eyes shut and put his fingers in his ears! :laugh:

Just as well you weren't watching Alien, and 'that' John Hurt scene...

"It all started with Scott's desire for genuine reactions of terror. "[They] were going to be the most difficult thing. If an actor is just acting terrified, you can't get the genuine look of raw, animal fear," he mused.

Cartwright, who famously passed out when cameras stopped rolling, said: "We read the script. They showed us a mock-up, but they didn't show how it was going to work. They just said, 'Its head will move and it's going to have teeth'."

Its head did move, and it did have teeth. And I've never come closer to shitting myself in public. Pardon my French.

stephec

Squire
The Babysitter & The Babysitter: Killer Queen - 7/10

Over the top, pulpy, gory, silly B movies with a budget.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me. Great fun if you like that sort of thing, less so if you don't.

I've not seen the second one yet but the first one was a giggle.

Top Bottom