What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unlocked
Noomi Rapace spy thriller. I fell asleep so top marks.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Thief - Mann's debut, already with all the good stuff from the future movies in. Blazing synth soundtrack (Tangerine Dream!), Cool headed professional, one-last-job-and-I'm-out trope, cool blues and neon reflections.
James Caan is great as titular thief. Man with a code, a self employed outcast who is dangerous because he has nothing to loose. After getting entangled with wise guys he is forced to choose between his dreams of homesteading, family, children and his code.

View: https://youtu.be/SSPtl9uTtx4

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Thief - Mann's debut, already with all the good stuff from the future movies in. Blazing synth soundtrack (Tangerine Dream!), Cool headed professional, one-last-job-and-I'm-out trope, cool blues and neon reflections.
James Caan is great as titular thief. Man with a code, a self employed outcast who is dangerous because he has nothing to loose. After getting entangled with wise guys he is forced to choose between his dreams of homesteading, family, children and his code.

View: https://youtu.be/SSPtl9uTtx4

Seen that a fair few years ago and remember it being reasonably good

First Blood Part 5 ( subsection 3.8 (C)): Last Blood.

In which our protagonist is drawn into one last battle with the forces of evil who kidnap and enslave a princess.
The forces of evil in this episode are neither shifty Asians or ruthless Russians but swarthy Mexicans.
Lots of knify action for those who like it.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
First Blood Part 5 ( subsection 3.8 (C)): Last Blood.

In which our protagonist is drawn into one last battle with the forces of evil who kidnap and enslave a princess.
The forces of evil in this episode are neither shifty Asians or ruthless Russians but swarthy Mexicans.
Lots of knify action for those who like it.
First Rambo is an underrated gem. More of a 70's movie than bombastic 80's.

stephec

Squire
The Satanic Rites of Dracula

I love a bit of Hammer Films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, not as good as the earlier gothic style Dracula films but still well worth a watch, even when you already know who's going to be the winner. 😅

6/10.

Top Bottom