What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3040048, member: 9609"]started to watch something tonight - Jamica Inn ? was struggling to make out what they were saying, they were just sort of mumbling and it all looked pretty depressing, managed 15 minutes then took the dog out for a walk, so 0/10 for that.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was just me not being able to tell what was being said,
the reviews are full of complaints about it.
Having lived on the edge of Bodmin moor for a couple of years,I wanted to see
some local scenery,what did I get? an Inn set in that part of Cornwall known as West Yorkshire!
It was obviously built of Millstone grit not the local granite which is much paler.
They have used some local scenes as you can see granite boulders amongst the undergrowth,
then we're magically transported Yorkshire whenever there's any buildings in shot :laugh:

U

User169

Cowboys and Aliens.

Spent most of it wondering how Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig had managed to get involved with such a steaming pile.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Watched the Tommy Cooper "Not like that like this".
He was a flawed genius. All heroes benefit from not looking into their life too deeply.
I've read some stuff today from his daughter who said it was not how she knew him but other bits,from his ex agents autobiography, which say it was.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I watched the Tommy Cooper Biogrphic Film on tv last night.

I don't know if I would want to see that or not. I quite liked tommy cooper and I think a film about him would ruin it for me. Aren't the BBC? Doing a series on him as well?

I don't know if I would want to see that or not. I quite liked tommy cooper and I think a film about him would ruin it for me. Aren't the BBC? Doing a series on him as well?
I know what you mean but along with his troubles I think they protrayed that his off stage humour was similar to his on stage, when meeting the Queen
Tommy: Excuse me mam do you like football.
ER: No
Tommy: well can I have your cup final tickets then :laugh:

welsh dragon

I think if you had to live with a man like that he would be funny for about 10 minutes, then the novelty would wear off very very quickly Indeed.

I'd do illegal things to Mr America.....:whistle:
My wife would too, to Thor!
(or Jean-Luc Picard)

Sorry to hark back to an old post, but do you think that there are less "old" films on TV? I remember watching the road movies, Electra glide in blue, 2 lane black top, Vanishing point, usually on a Sunday night. Perhaps they were they new, when I was watching, but I don't think I have seen them for years.
Hope you can see this (UK) recreation that's in a FaceBook album
Wonderful stuff!!!

https://www.facebook.com/para.road/...0204135699344/639612529425166/?type=3&theater

welsh dragon

Today I had 4 grandsons here, so I had to watch spiderman 1 and 2. Nothing else to say is there

ASC1951

Guru
The issue with Neeson I reckon, is that while he's had some stand-out performances in excellent films, he's also phoned in some utter pish. I think he needs to be far more selective with his roles. But then he's out there to make money so I can't really blame him..
I have heard more than one film actor say that because films are generally shot out of sequence and with only the relevant cast on set, you can turn up for your five weeks but have no idea what the film as a whole is like. The script looks good, everyone else seems to be putting in reasonable performances .... and by the time you find out it's a turkey, it's too late.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Two films tonight. Prisoners. Wow, best film I've seen in ages, gripping, engaging plot, loads of twists and red herrings, excellent. All the family enjoyed it.

And Gravity. Sorry, it's total bollox.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thought it was just me not being able to tell what was being said,
the reviews are full of complaints about it.
Having lived on the edge of Bodmin moor for a couple of years,I wanted to see
some local scenery,what did I get? an Inn set in that part of Cornwall known as West Yorkshire!
It was obviously built of Millstone grit not the local granite which is much paler.
They have used some local scenes as you can see granite boulders amongst the undergrowth,
then we're magically transported Yorkshire whenever there's any buildings in shot :laugh:
Can you return it to Yorkshire please.

Top Bottom