What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Legendary Member
I think you might have to watch it to the end. It's to do with attention span.
Well I got bored with reading your response before I got to the end, as I do all your opinions, so maybe!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nope!! I was very disappointed by it
Even the dog fell asleep, it was rubbish.
Just watched Captain America. That was a lot better. Quite a laugh.

gavgav

Legendary Member
Even the dog fell asleep, it was rubbish.
Just watched Captain America. That was a lot better. Quite a laugh.
Watched the 2nd Captain America at the cinema recently. Very different to the original and not as good, but still worth a look.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Two films yesterday. First one was Despicable Me. Loved it, one of those that has loads and loads of little funnies tucked in and amongst.
Second one was "For Valour." Typical Hoorah factor as Navy Seals battle the forces of evil and save the world from suicide vests that would make 9/11 pale into insignificance. Yeah right.

Leaway2

Lycrist
which one? '71 or '97
Sorry to hark back to an old post, but do you think that there are less "old" films on TV? I remember watching the road movies, Electra glide in blue, 2 lane black top, Vanishing point, usually on a Sunday night. Perhaps they were they new, when I was watching, but I don't think I have seen them for years.

AndyRM

XOXO
It may just be me, but i find Liam Neeson completely unconvincing as a hard man... his name is becoming synonymous with 'crap movie' in my book. :thumbsdown:

The issue with Neeson I reckon, is that while he's had some stand-out performances in excellent films, he's also phoned in some utter pish. I think he needs to be far more selective with his roles. But then he's out there to make money so I can't really blame him.

As for 'Taken', you could replace his daughter with a DVD. It's basically '24' as a film, and about as good...

I've been watching 'Shetland' over the last couple of nights. Technically not films, but as two hour long shows I reckon they qualify for the thread. The accents are woeful, but they stories are quite interesting. Very well filmed too, which helps.

'Fast Girls' on Film 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Girls_(film)

http://www.fastgirlsthemovie.co.uk/

Quite good actually!!!!
(and dare I say??, full of 'eye candy'.....)

Cast included;
Lestrade (from Sherlock)
the cabby, with the choice of tablets (serial suicides) from Sherlock
lad who played a young Merlin, or was it Arthur??
That lad who was in Dr Who, with Billy Piper (her mate, who kept getting into scrapes)

Sorry to hark back to an old post, but do you think that there are less "old" films on TV? I remember watching the road movies, Electra glide in blue, 2 lane black top, Vanishing point, usually on a Sunday night. Perhaps they were they new, when I was watching, but I don't think I have seen them for years.
'Vanishing Point', 'Two Lane Blacktop'

Great films!!

The grey '55 (driven by James Tayr, & Dennis Wilson) in 'TL BT' was used by Harrison Ford, as Bob Falfa in 'American Grafitti' - another truly great film (& full of future stars)

Top Bottom