What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Over the weekend we watched "Bad Moms" which was awful! Way too cliched and stereotyped to within an inch of its life, a couple of funny lines but too far removed from reality for me. 4/10
Also Central Intelligience with Dwayne - the rock - Johnson and Kevin Hart. I love them both, but this film was ridiculous. Yes I laughed, I couldn't help it, but it was not a good film.6/10

postman

Squire
The Bank Job Jason Statham.Dodgy goings on in London over photographs of a certain high profile lady,and bent coppers.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Finding Neverland. Loved it. Absolutely true to the spirit of the story it tells, and the play it's based on, with a great script, skilled direction that achieves the tricky challenge of telling a moving story without getting mawkish, and impeccable performances all round, with a stunning standout from the boy playing Peter. I believe in fairies!

AndyRM

XOXO
Out of The Furnace. 8/10.

I'm not a fan of Christian Bale who I think is, frankly, a bit of a d**k. However, a wonderfully restrained performance which is in keeping with the self contained violence of the character. Atmospheric imagery, slow but compelling plot, and mesmerising performances from Woody Harrelson and Willem Defoe made it worth sitting up late for. A typically tidy supporting performance from Forest Whittaker.

Who'd have though "scumbag kills brother, older brother hunts down scumbag and kills him in revenge" could be so hypnotic?

That's an incredible cast, featuring a few of my favourites. No idea how that's passed me by!

subaqua

What’s the point
Trainspotting T2 . at 11am in an empty cinema apart from me :smile:

i don't want to give any spoilers .

all i will say is yes , what a brill film. danny boyle has not dissapointed at all.

if you liked the first you will love this.

Finding Neverland
That's one of those movies where
someone starts coughing and that means they are going to die. So, it's not - in my experience - a good movie

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That's one of those movies where
someone starts coughing and that means they are going to die. So, it's not - in my experience - a good movie

Whilst that's true, isn't it the equivalent of the Checkov thing where if there's a rifle hanging on the wall in act 1, the audience expects it to be fired by Act 3.

midlife

Guru
For sale :. DVD of Independence Day 2. Great present for your worst enemy.

Impossible to give it a mark......

Shaun

RWright

Guru
The Monster (2016)

I am not really a horror flick type but I was looking for 'A Monster Calls' and ran across this Movie. It hooked me pretty quickly because the mother was so mean to her daughter that I wanted to see the mother die a brutal death :rolleyes:. I watched it all the way thru which I really didn't think I would do. I even didn't want the mom to die after a while. They have car problems out on some country road in the middle of the night during a storm and things go downhill from there. Not too much nauseating gore but there is some. I think it is rated R for violence and language.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Macbeth (2015)
An amazing cast, and an interpretation that's mostly true to the original, albeit with some notable cuts (the porters, for example, aren't in this one). Very dark in tone, and I though Marion Cotillard's Lady Macbeth slightly underserved, but good nonetheless.

gbb

Squire
London Has Fallen...Netflix

If you just want action and a hopelessly implausible storyline with car chase scenes and firefights galore...it's really good.
Leave your sensible head at the door though.

4/5 for me.

Top Bottom