What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Jackie - 9/10

Despite knowing the story inside and out from various perspectives this is absolutely gripping from the start, thanks to an incredible performance from Natalie Portman and brief but amazing efforts from John Hurt and Richard E. Grant. Beautiful to look at, really well paced and has a gorgeous soundtrack.

Another plus is that it doesn't waffle on the way a lot of biopics tend to. Tells the story, tells it well and doesn't pad it out with inconsequential fluff which is probably why it's so engaging.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Arrival.

Very smart. A bit like the thinking mans contact.

Really appreciated the effort the production team put into the language and circular effect.

You need to watch this one carefully to keep up with the script twists.

I try to kid myself I'm a hard-boiled flinty kind of bloke, not easily suckered by ersatz emotion and slushy sentimentality (or car chases, explosions, science fiction, science fantasy, fantasy fiction and anything with Meryl Streep in it, just to balance things up a bit). But this intense performance tugs your emotions one way and then another until way past the lump in the throat moment. And I hope Casey Affleck's copper bottomed performance really is an act, otherwise his neighbours will be a-feared of a killing spree. Get in the queue for the Oscars, guys.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVoD0pTge0

Is it released yet? Afleck Jnr is a wicked actor.

Don't know about the UK but it came out in Holland a couple of weeks ago. Films usually do get released earlier here. Whatever, it's worth waiting for.
Just checked and its on at my local...looking forward to it!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Mechanic: Resurrection

Jason Statham runs, jumps, shoots and fights his way through this movie.
Lots of violence, if you like that sort of thing. Has the delectable Jessica Alba in.
Remove your brain first and it's a diverting enough way to spend a couple of hours.

5.7 /10

Last edited:
Top Bottom