What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

It's entertaining brain popcorn that you don't have to think about much to enjoy. Playing 'Guess Where Russel's From Now' is good too: he covered most of the UK!

I'm watching Senna (again) this evening. My wife's not seen it before so I've warned her that the room may be quite dusty and that some grit might get in my eyes.

Might watch Senna again tonight also, great documentary :thumbsup:

Ah, Senna is a brilliant film. They don't make drivers like him anymore, which is a shame.
Although Schumacher was similar to him in some ways.

I find some drivers (looking at you Hamilton) too annoying.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I was definitely old enough. Terrible crash. Hope I never see anything like that ever again

Last night we watched The Bank Job, the Jason Statham version. Very entertaining, and one I've enjoyed a few times.

I have heard Russel can't tie down one accent in that film. Was it any good though @HLaB ?
That about sums hid accents up. It was a different every scene, the film itself was a good twist IMO on a well known tale.

ASC1951

Guru
That about sums his accents up. It was a different every scene..
His American accent sounds ok to me, but maybe Americans find it as inconsistent as we do his English accent - they really are very difficult to do and the human ear is incredibly sensitive to such subtleties. I couldn't tell a west coat Aussie from an east coast, but where I grew up in the West Midlands I could place someone within ten miles.

asterix

Comrade Member
Watched the Russel Crowe Robin Hood last night.

Thought it was amusing the way they showed York Minster with the scaffolding up! Very true to life, it was even in the right place IIRC; moved since.

Also the clever use of WW2 landing craft.

welsh dragon

This affernoon I watched the purge. A horror. Quite gory. Nice twist towards the end but not much story. 6/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
This affernoon I watched the purge. A horror. Quite gory. Nice twist towards the end but not much story. 6/10.

The Purge should have been really good as it's a rather neat idea. Shame it went badly wrong.

Senna went well last night. Only one of my eyes got some dust in it!

Tonight we will be watching Escape Plan. Annoyingly we missed it at the cinema. I have high hopes.

welsh dragon

The Purge should have been really good as it's a rather neat idea. Shame it went badly wrong.

Senna went well last night. Only one of my eyes got some dust in it!

Tonight we will be watching Escape Plan. Annoyingly we missed it at the cinema. I have high hopes.

I agree. The purge should have been good, but wasnt.

glad only one eye had dust in it.:laugh:

Look fforward to hearing about escape plan.

Nihal

Veteran
Help me identify this film,i really want to watch it again.Its about a football match between captured english(and american?) and german soldiers.It also has a few famous football players in it.I think i remember the ending too,i'll put it the spoiler below.
They escape from the match with the audience.

LutherB

Help me identify this film,i really want to watch it again.Its about a football match between captured english(and american?) and german soldiers.It also has a few famous football players in it.I think i remember the ending too,i'll put it the spoiler below.
'Escape to Victory'

Top Bottom