What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Lawless. One of those prohibition-era movies, all greys and browns and quite a lot of violence. Noticed as the credits came up that the screenwriter was 'Nick Cave' - went to check and sure enough, yes, it was written by 'that' Nick Cave. Clever chap. Of its genre, pretty well done.

Last night I went to Fabulous Beasts with younger Marmionette, I am still not sure I know what it was about but it was ok.
Tonight I am just finishing watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Utter crap.

Dammit, I love that film. Plot holes galore (eg why not build the biodomes somewhere on earth, rather than in space and ... yeah, lots of plotholes). But go with it, and it's beautiful. I can't hear that Joan Baez track without welling up.

Interesting trivia: when Fox sued Universal saying Battlestar Galactica ripped off Star Wars, Universal countersued saying R2D2 was copied from Huey, Dewey and Louie.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=VSuSCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21#v=onepage

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Rambo, First Blood. There wasn't an Old Etonian looking all thespian and wistful in sight. The added bonus was that things actually happened. Quite a lot of things really.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Tried to watch batman vs superman, not an oscar winner for sure but im a batman fan from my youth but the kids were playing " i can t sleep, bad thoughts " = i wanna sleep with mummy game so i gave up.

Tommy2

Über Member
Flipping neck cyberknight, I haven't seen that film since I was a kid and haven't found it since as nobody seemed to k ow what I was talking about and I couldn't remember the name of it!!! it was about 15 years old when I was born though.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pan's Labyrinth (Netflix)
Is this Guillermo Del Toro's best film? Beautiful, dark, uncanny and haunting, setting the capricious brutality of a period at the end of the Spanish Civil War against the dark logic of a fantasy world.

Top Bottom