What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Saw a film called Blue Valentine, about a disintegrating relationship. Found it both depressing and baffling, not least (the latter) because having later read the summary on IMDB, I realised I'd completely missed the central point. Turned out the two chaps competing for her affections - one successfully, t'other not - were in fact the same chap, just five years apart. Ah. Not the first time I've so fundamentally missed the point either.

subaqua

What’s the point
wolverine. the one set in Japan. was good enough for taking the mind off work. certainly not highbrow and the plot is easily guessable

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just seen Hotel Budapest - superb!

arguably an "art" movie of sorts, but just pure entertainment, not sentimental, looks stuning and top notch cast.

..... Though if you think batman 3 was the best thing ever, it perhaps isn't for you...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Acting my age as usual... I watched Go Kart Go (1964). A Children's Film Foundation movie staring a young...

gokart.jpg

...it was ace!

And no... he neither sung nor wrote the theme tune

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just seen Hotel Budapest - superb!

arguably an "art" movie of sorts, but just pure entertainment, not sentimental, looks stuning and top notch cast.

..... Though if you think batman 3 was the best thing ever, it perhaps isn't for you...

I swing both ways, so to speak. I really like like shoot like Batman, especially the ones with the excellent Christian Bale, I'm also happy to watch arty shite like Grand Hotel.

I do have standards though (pretty low, granted), so any film that's called the best film of the year when it's clearly not or it's described as 'this years must see' is definitely a no no.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I swing both ways, so to speak. I really like like s*** like Batman, especially the ones with the excellent Christian Bale, I'm also happy to watch arty s***e like Grand Hotel.

I do have standards though (pretty low, granted), so any film that's called the best film of the year when it's clearly not or it's described as 'this years must see' is definitely a no no.

to be fair I did like the first of the newest batman films: the Joker one, but thought the next two were poor.

Agree on tending to avoid "the film of the year" - often a warning.of something worthy and dull.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
was it ? anyhow i liked the joker one, but not the other 2.
  1. batman begins... the one with the Scarecrow and Liam Neeson that was far too long but not bad once it got going.
  2. the dark knight... the one with the joker that, out of respect for the dead, was a completely overrated pile of cr@p
  3. the dark knight rises... the one that was so dreadfully awful I refuse to recall anything about it.
just goes to show they can't please all of the people all of the time :smile:

Nihal

Veteran
  1. batman begins... the one with the Scarecrow and Liam Neeson that was far too long but not bad once it got going.
  2. the dark knight... the one with the joker that, out of respect for the dead, was a completely overrated pile of cr@p
  3. the dark knight rises... the one that was so dreadfully awful I refuse to recall anything about it.
just goes to show they can't please all of the people all of the time :smile:

Anything with Liam Neeson in it is good^_^

But isn't the Joker the best villain in all three movies?

Top Bottom