What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"A Scanner Darkly" a rather dark and strange semi-animated (where they've drawn over live actors) take on the Philip K Dick story. Kind of compelling, but not sure it really works. Worth watching. Though loosely speaking "sci-fi" star wars it ain't.

Not sure, maybe 6/10 if I had to give a score

Leaway2

Lycrist
Jason Bourne. The cuts were so rapid, about 1 second each, I felt sea sick and couldn't tell what the hell was going on. Had to go for a few pints after the film to calm down.
3/10

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Poor Cow, 1967, Directed by Ken Loach

Wow, wow and wow

9/10

If you liked 'Kes', you'll probably like this. I just loved the history, I was born in 1970, though remember so much in this film with the poverty, the tin bath in front of the fire being one :smile:

Its 1967 in Ruislip / London, a young woman with child loves her men though can't find proper love

Best quote from the film "If I didn't have Jonny (her son) I'd probably be a brass" :sad:

Last edited:

Wow, wow and wow

9/10

If you liked 'Kes', you'll probably like this. I just loved the history, I was born in 1970, though remember so much in this film with the poverty, the tin bath in front of the fire being one :smile:

Its 1967 in Ruislip / London, a young woman with child loves her men though can't find proper love

Best quote from the film "If I didn't have Jonny (her son) I'd probably be a brass" :sad:
That's me well warned. I found kes impenetrable despite having read the book, and just had to google brass. Not for me, without subtitles.

'Captain America:The First Avenger'
When it was on TV the other evening

A good romp of a film, with wife & daughter ogling Chris Evan, as he comes out of Dr Erskines chamber, buffed up

I, on the other hand, get a punch on the arm, for ogling Hayley Atwell, looking gorgeous as Agent Peggy Carter:rolleyes:

My daughter had to be shown pictures, when I told her who the actor playing Johann Schmidt/Red Skull' was, & what part he had in 'Lord Of The Rings'

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. Not sure it was actually that great a movie - biopics seldom are - but the central portrayal of Ian Dury was truly awesome. Definitely good for a 7, maybe a tad more.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Time out of Mind starring Richard Gere. He is truly fantastic in it. It's an uncomfortable 127 minutes but shows what life is really like for the dispossessed and those struggling with the harsh realities of life. One of the best 6/10s I've given this year.

PaulB

Legendary Member

Wow, wow and wow

9/10

I listened to a Radio 4 play recently based on the post-Poor Cow life of Carol White and how it was effectively ruined by a relationship she had with Frank Sinatra.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm not sure which way round it was, Hayley Atwell being gorgeous, or her Peggy Carter character being more gorgeous & glam?

It's a shame Agent Carter only got two series - I thought it was terrific.

Anyway, I liked the man out of time elements of the Captain America character - there's some nice business in that direction in The Winter Soldier too, although not enough (imo).

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
"A Scanner Darkly" a rather dark and strange semi-animated (where they've drawn over live actors) take on the Philip K Dick story. Kind of compelling, but not sure it really works. Worth watching. Though loosely speaking "sci-fi" star wars it ain't.

Not sure, maybe 6/10 if I had to give a score
i think it's a cracker. It looks brilliant, it's got some great moments of humour (toilet roll silencer and trying to work out how many gears the bike has) and the whole 'secret service that's so covert you end up investigating yourself' premise is bonkers yet somehow believable.

Top Bottom