What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Just out of idle curiosity: does the title refer to killers who are lesbian vampires, vampire killers who are lesbians, or killers of lesbian vampires? English is bloody confusing, sometimes. :wacko:

To save you from having to watch the film, it's the vampires who are lesbians.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Oblivion. Seen it many times before and Andrea Riseborugh looks blooming scrumptious so I just had to perv. I mean watch it again.
There is something about that film that I like. I really cant put my finger in it. Its not a great plot. (ripped off from Moon), not brilliantly acted, not particularly gripping.

I think it might be the isolation, I suspect I would enjoy being one of the only couples left on earth (spoiler alert) for a day or so at least

Its not a great plot. (ripped off from Moon),
OK, so now I'm confused.
I've seen Moon, but no recent Cruise movies, so reading this I assumed the Oblivion was an alternative title for Edge of Tomorrow, aka Live, Die, Repeat. Now I see they are two different movies. So did Tom Cruise make two SF movies back to back in which his character is repeatedly killed?

Leaway2

Lycrist
Angel heart. Mickey Rourke plays a down at heel 1940's New York gumshoe who is hired by Robert Di Nero to track down a person. Rourke finds himself in the deep south and involved in all sorts of witchcraft and hocus pocus.
Good performance from Mickey Rourke and quite entertaining film.
8/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
OK, so now I'm confused.
I've seen Moon, but no recent Cruise movies, so reading this I assumed the Oblivion was an alternative title for Edge of Tomorrow, aka Live, Die, Repeat. Now I see they are two different movies. So did Tom Cruise make two SF movies back to back in which his character is repeatedly killed?

Nope, though they did arrive within about 6 months of each other.

Oblivion is the Moon rip off, Edge of Tomorrow is the one where he dies all the time.

Neither is particularly great to be honest, Oblivion is the better of the two.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Lavender Hill Mob... not seen it for years and everyone knows it's a classic. The running down the spiral staircase scene was a hoot :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
it is... I'd completely forgotten about the spiral staircase scene though... it truly is film making at it's best.

That whole swathe of films were all far far better than they needed to be if that make sense. Whiskey Galore for instance - every scene, every line, and every cut is utter perfection. You could take any frame of it and make a fine art black and white print. I doubt they did many takes, just a cast of capable jobbing actors, (and locals), some fine craftsmanship, and you end up with something that will still stand up as a masterpiece in hundred years. Then Kind Hearts and Coronets - the blackest of black comedies. Or The Ladykillers - what a cast, not least Alec Guinness on top form, again perfect timing, script, acting and photography, all upstaged by Katy Johnson as Mrs Lopsided. There are many fine films, but no-one can sensibly claim to have made a better film than any of these

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watched an unexpected treat last night. It's a film called 'Revanche' and basically, that's what it's about - Revenge!

It centers on the ill-fated love story between a Viennese ex-con and a Ukrainian prostitute who get involved in a bank robbery and was nominated as best foreign language film for the 2009 Oscars.

We both thought it was absolutely terrific so I'd recommend it to anyone (over the age of 18!)

Top Bottom