What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
May I kill you? An oddity this one. Modern British, clearly trying to tap into the Shallow Grave, Hot Fuzz sort of vibe, and has a fair stab at it with quite a neatly twisty story and some quite good performances, but not quite up there. Entertaining enough tho', in that borderline-black British comedy way. 6.5?

I'm a bit of a sucker for pop-star movies... Spice World is far from being the worst of them.
Check out Josie and the Pussy Cats.

does that count as a 'pop-star' movie... as in, pop stars starring in a movie such as Vanilla Ice's Cool as Ice, Slade in Flame, Status Quo's Bula Quo and Spice World?
That's up to you to decide. It's a surprisingly funny movie in the genre of Spice World, that undeservedly bombed at the box office. I had trouble remembering which one had Richard E Grant and which one had Alan Cumming (spoiler: he's in both). If you want a genuinely funny movie that is similar to Spice World, then you may well like this. If you only like watching real life musos embarrass themselves, then it's probably not for you.

Have you seen A Hard Days Night? Fits your criteria, with the slight exception that it's a genuinely good film!

(edit: this sounds sarcastic ,but it's not)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Aye @jefmcg ... it's bona fide pop stars embarrassing themselves that i love about pop-star movies. I have seen A Hard Days Night, but it was so long ago that I can't recall anything about it, apart from the Rolling Stones, of course.

Back to pop-stars embarrassing themselves... this is a head-in-hands moment from start to finish (the whole film, not the trailer)...

...they don't even exploit their back catalogue to make it good... the soundtrack is mostly new material :blush:

ps... I will check out Josie & the Pussycats... it's got Parker Posey in it and if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me :smile:

stephec

Squire
That's up to you to decide. It's a surprisingly funny movie in the genre of Spice World, that undeservedly bombed at the box office. I had trouble remembering which one had Richard E Grant and which one had Alan Cumming (spoiler: he's in both). If you want a genuinely funny movie that is similar to Spice World, then you may well like this. If you only like watching real life musos embarrass themselves, then it's probably not for you.

Have you seen A Hard Days Night? Fits your criteria, with the slight exception that it's a genuinely good film!

(edit: this sounds sarcastic ,but it's not)
Richard E Grant was The Spice Girls manager.

I just Googled that, honest. :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Oh i dunno. i think Victoria takes her music very seriously...
after recording a solo album, she decided not to release it because she knew it was dreadful.
Ali G, to the happy couple: "So, Brooklyn, when he grows up, is he going to be a footballer like his dad, or a singer like...Mariah Carey?"

AndyRM

XOXO
Lesbian Vampire Killers - 3/10

A reluctant selection. It's not very good at all, but does have some neat homages to the genre it's trying to parody. If you put some vampires in Gavin and Stacey you've pretty much got the gist.

I really dislike James Corden which probably doesn't help, though he's not as awful and pointless in this as he was in Esio Trot last Christmas.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

A reluctant selection. It's not very good at all, but does have some neat homages to the genre it's trying to parody. If you put some vampires in Gavin and Stacey you've pretty much got the gist.

I really dislike James Corden which probably doesn't help, though he's not as awful and pointless in this as he was in Esio Trot last Christmas.

I did like the line
"Smell that country air"
"Just smells like normal air with sh1t in it"

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member

Just out of idle curiosity: does the title refer to killers who are lesbian vampires, vampire killers who are lesbians, or killers of lesbian vampires? English is bloody confusing, sometimes. :wacko:

Top Bottom