What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
London has Fallen

Utter drivel, but quite entertaining nonetheless, provided you are content to switch your brain off for a while.

Good action scenes, but the plot is completely implausible.

6/10

AndyRM

XOXO
London has Fallen

Utter drivel, but quite entertaining nonetheless, provided you are content to switch your brain off for a while.

Good action scenes, but the plot is completely implausible.

6/10

Does he not cross London in 10 minutes or something?

I've not seen it yet, but if it's as mindless and stupidly violent as Olympus I suspect I will enjoy it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Does he not cross London in 10 minutes or something?

I've not seen it yet, but if it's as mindless and stupidly violent as Olympus I suspect I will enjoy it.

Yeah, if you enjoyed Olympus you'll enjoy it. Just remember to disconnect your critical thinking and logic faculties

Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams was on't box last night, but there was a problem with the signal and only saw the first hour.

It was very captivating from the first minute, but I'll have to wait until I get the chance to see it again.

I'll post a score upon seeing the whole film.
It's a long time since I saw either, but I remember enjoying the scandi original better than the American remake. But the Pacino version wasn't a travesty, which was remarkable for the time.

Thought it was going to mark the beginning of Martin Donovan's mainstream career, but he faded after that.

It's a long time since I saw either, but I remember enjoying the scandi original better than the American remake. But the Pacino version wasn't a travesty, which was remarkable for the time.

S'funny, that. I've lived in Scandinavia for nearly half my life (Norway and Sweden) and have never seen or heard of the original Scandinavian film.

Think I'll see all the Pacino one, then compare it to the first one.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Road. A documentary about road racers, mostly in Ireland. The kind of people who do the TT in the Isle of Man. Gut-wrenching stuff, as you watch footage of all these nice, full-of-life people, wondering which one's going to die next. The on-bike footage is about as terrifying as you'd expect.

Wife was watching something called 'PS I Love You', when I got home from the 'Trunce'

Took me a while to figure out that it was Hilary Swank in it, & as for Gerard Butlers Irish accent.......................:whistle:

The downside for me was the spoiling of the Steve Earles 'Galway Girl', in a pub scene, with a band playing it
(some of you may know of the track, due to a Magners Cider advert on TV)

Zulu (2013)...Orlando Bloom, Forest Whitaker.........I really enjoyed this film, well worth the watch, some interesting back stories, in fact a very powerful film in many ways, ok there are a couple of stupid plots moments but all in all an excellent film plus I thought Bloom gave a top notch performance ... 7.5/10
Have you seen the 60s version, aka "introducing Michael Caine"? How do they compare?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
How the West Was Won. Kind of odd this one. Not really 'a movie', it's a set of four little mini-movies. Star-packed, from James Stewart to John Wayne, and with four different directors. Very much 'of its time' - the thing opens with a panoramic sweep accompanied by a voiceover they wouldn't dare today: "This land has a name today, and is marked on maps. But, the names and the marks and the maps all had to be won, won from nature and from primitive man." Strangely entertaining in a kind of brainless Eisenhower-era way...but the real star is the landscape, which is just stunning.

Top Bottom