What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I watched The Grey.Liam Neeson and wolves fighting:hyper:

I watched that. Wasnt bad. Not too good, but not bad either.

Sara_H

Guru
Can I tell you what film I watched last week, cos I didn't watch one last night?

It was Billy Elliot, never watched it before. Made me cry when adult Billy Elliot jumped onto the stage at the end. Marvellous!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Closed Circuit.

OK in a Film 4 made-for-TV movie kind of way. Nice to see Jim Broadbent doing posh and Eric Bana doing upper-middle class english.

welsh dragon

Which one though? The 1970s one I seem to remember as being very good (perception may be diluted by age though) but the remake was like most remakes, crud.

2005.:banghead:

ayceejay

Guru
I missed this thread somehow so see my new thread "crap film to avoid".
World War Z. Cut and pasted here:-
World War Z is awful. I watched it on Netflix last night.
Brad Pitt wasting his talent on a Zombie movie how sad. The director seemed unable to decide whether the world was being destroyed by the disease/virus that created the zombies or the zombies themselves but of course Pitt finds the solution as I knew he would.
There is one particularly egregious part of the movie where people are moved to Israel to protect them from the zombies and a wall is built to keep them out! Mirielle Enos smiles all the way through the movie in spite of the world dying around her perhaps to make up for never smiling during The Killing.
The zombies were very good and if next years Oscars have a category for Best Zombie there should be some nominees here although Matthew McConaughey could win again.

welsh dragon

I missed this thread somehow so see my new thread "crap film to avoid".
World War Z. Cut and pasted here:-
World War Z is awful. I watched it on Netflix last night.
Brad Pitt wasting his talent on a Zombie movie how sad. The director seemed unable to decide whether the world was being destroyed by the disease/virus that created the zombies or the zombies themselves but of course Pitt finds the solution as I knew he would.
There is one particularly egregious part of the movie where people are moved to Israel to protect them from the zombies and a wall is built to keep them out! Mirielle Enos smiles all the way through the movie in spite of the world dying around her perhaps to make up for never smiling during The Killing.
The zombies were very good and if next years Oscars have a category for Best Zombie there should be some nominees here although Matthew McConaughey could win again.

There wasn't much of a story was there?

Top Bottom