Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I know the feeling. I have been a bit of a yo-yo dieter and binge eater most of my life. I desperately want to stick to it this time as I am miserable carrying extra weight.

I want to stick to it, but I might also have to accept that I'll be a problem eater/yoyo dieter for the rest of my days. I've learned not to be too hard on myself if I put on weight, as we can only do as much as we can do at the time. i.e. sometimes it's just too hard to eat properly if you love food and have a problem with overeating (which I do)

Slick

Guru
I'm at 223 now which is good for me but still much to do.

I'm a bit like that, I reckon I could do just about anything for around 3 weeks before throwing in the towel. I'm now trying running at a tiny deficit sometimes losing nothing but not gaining feels like a bit of a win right now. I have lost a little without really feeling like I'm trying.

I've been running at a very small deficit for some time now, and people are starting to notice.

216 lbs now, which is still too heavy but the little win thing is working for me.

straas

Matt
I've never really dieted - just tried to eat and drink a bit less than previously and fairly quickly give up!

Been having a look around the internet and there seem to be two (estimated) numbers to help;

Your Basal Metabolic Rate, which is (supposedly) the minimum calories required to perform body function if you sat still in a chair all day.

Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, which (again supposedly) is the amount you need to essentially stay as you are in terms of weight.

So a number below your TDEE but above your BMR is considered ideal for weight loss, in that you don't get too hungry and cave because your body wants to function, but you still burn fat related to activity.

e.g. my estimated BMR is 1900 calories and my TDEE is 2500 calories, so I could lose weight at 2000 calories without getting overly hungry.

At 500 calories lower than TDEE a day I should roughly lose 1kg every 14 days.

Going to give it a go, with the low expectation of 2kg a month. As I say I've previously just eaten /drunk a little less and been annoyed that I've not lost 2kg in a week! Maybe the key is realistic expectation?

Currently 94kg, target weight 78kg. So a minimum of 8 months of dedication, I'll allow 12 months for slip ups!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I'm thoroughly enjoying my new eating regime and it's making me feel good. Beef, Butter, Bacon and Eggs (BBBE) and intermittent fasting throw into the mix, in which I have a five hour eating window. I feel good, I've lost weight, my body is functioning better and I'm not poisoning myself with sugar or sweeteners. I sleep better, my blood pressure has come down and as I said, I've lost weight. I've done loads of different diets in the past and intermittent fasting but this combination is working well for me and I know it's not for everyone but it's certainly for me. I've been watching the No Carb Life channel with loads of people giving their testimonials and I trust them more than the rubbish we've been fed by the WHO and BMA etc. Due to low fat diets people have got fatter and become type 2 diabetic.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Can you expand on what your diet is. Thanks.

Well, today I had, half a packet of bacon and three eggs, I had some iberico ham and this evening I'm having a large steak and I might have a couple of tablespoons of sauerkraut (I'll stop this soon). I drink lots of water some with added celtic salt. I have a variation on meats during the week, omelettes etc.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, today I had, half a packet of bacon and three eggs, I had some iberico ham and this evening I'm having a large steak and I might have a couple of tablespoons of sauerkraut (I'll stop this soon). I drink lots of water some with added celtic salt. I have a variation on meats during the week, omelettes etc.

Sorry to be pedantic. I am interested in your diet but you've just told me what you've eaten today.

What diet is it and what is it based on? or is it just your own made up diet?

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Sorry to be pedantic. I am interested in your diet but you've just told me what you've eaten today.

What diet is it and what is it based on? or is it just your own made up diet?

Ok, it's the Carnivore Diet, I eat the stricter version but you can basically eat anything from the animal, butter, cheese, eegs and of course meat, all types, and fish and poultry. You're encouraged to eat fatty types from Rib Eye to 20% mince.

There is a lady who lives in Northern Spain, her father's a retired GP she has MS she went from a wheelchair to practically running around. Her YouTube channel Cabana Chronicles. He was very dubious until he actually seen it working for his daughter.

This clip I've linked will explain it better than me and of course there is No Carb Life which has bundles of testimonials from real people and none out to make money from it.

View: https://youtu.be/Sikx_OCSxcs

Top Bottom