True Facts About Chris Rea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Chris Rea holds the world record for juggling goats. He won his goaty beard in recognition of this feat.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As a schoolboy Chris Rea's French pen-friend was the rugby player Jean-Pierre Rives. In an interview with l'Equipe in 1998 Rives recalled that his English pen pal's letters never made any sense. He also admitted that he'd never heard of Chris Rea and had no idea that his incomprehensible correspondant had become one of North East England's favourite crooners.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Chris Rea was the very first subscriber to Duolingo and has invested several years learning languages so he can record a covers album, singing in the original languages.

The tracklist includes

The Girl from Ipanema, portugese.
99 luftballons, german.
The ketchup song, Spanish.
Joe le taxi, French.
He's struggling which Abba song would be best, Swedish.

He wasted months on Esperanto, only to find the choice of songs to be particularly poor. Can't win 'em all.

Release date is 2nd August.

It's rumoured that volume 2 is already in the works, and will focus on Asian language songs. Rea likes a challenge.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Chris Rea rarely travels outside his native North East. He has often said that this is because he doesn't need to. "What does the world have to offer that Middlesbrough doesn't do even better?" he told Smash Hits in 1989. However he has recently admitted that the real reason was his morbid fear of unfamiliar toilet arrangements, and that he now regrets the opportunities that he missed.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Hmm. After writing about the Girl from Ipanema 20 mins ago, Spotify decided to play it.

Does Spotify have access to ALL my internet materials? I guess not, as it hasnt played Chris Rea yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom