Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not only a knobhead, but also lazy to boot! 🧐 I have a kind of slow puncture that requires inflation every week or so. I use an old fashioned double barreled foot pump to pump at that tyre and the other three every fortnight. Cometh the day when I need an electric pump is the time to give up, as they say!🧐

Puncture must be getting worse as he 'inflated it' yesterday afternoon, and has had to do it again this morning. ZZZZZZZZ for 5 plus minutes every morning - at least I'm on my way out, but the 'retired' neighbours certainly aren't at that time of the day.

Puncture must be getting worse as he 'inflated it' yesterday afternoon, and has had to do it again this morning. ZZZZZZZZ for 5 plus minutes every morning - at least I'm on my way out, but the 'retired' neighbours certainly aren't at that time of the day.

Our neighbour with the biggest vehicle in the cul-de-sac leaves his "rig" warming up for between 5-15minutes in the morning. Year-round.
I've never seen any puncture fettling.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Some decades ago, when robots and automation started making things, people used to say the robots make a better product.

Now, decades later, people seek out hand made products because they are better.

Ps: I just got an email from a mobile phone network provider offering me the latest deals that's were hand picked for me. What does that mean "hand picked"? Like someone pressed a button and the automation kicked in, but they had to press a button so does that qualify as "hand picked"?

Or could it be hand picked because the company's automation system isn't up to par so they have to do all this by hand?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
things like this on product packaging...

csb_8520_pack_1.jpg

How many pairs of eyes didn't notice the error before they OK'd the design?

Some decades ago, when robots and automation started making things, people used to say the robots make a better product.

Now, decades later, people seek out hand made products because they are better.

Ps: I just got an email from a mobile phone network provider offering me the latest deals that's were hand picked for me. What does that mean "hand picked"? Like someone pressed a button and the automation kicked in, but they had to press a button so does that qualify as "hand picked"?

Or could it be hand picked because the company's automation system isn't up to par so they have to do all this by hand?

Hand picked comes into the same category as "specially selected"

and "New Improved"

means nothing unless you know the criteria which are being used to pick or select the stuff

In my experience it is often more to do with the profit of the thing than customer satisfaction

Windle

Über Member
Hand picked comes into the same category as "specially selected"

and "New Improved"

means nothing unless you know the criteria which are being used to pick or select the stuff

In my experience it is often more to do with the profit of the thing than customer satisfaction

It's just marketing bowlocks though, does anybody even believe this stuff anymore? Did anyone ever?
It's the same with adverts, they're all flashy and cinematic and artistically crafted horsecrap that rarely tell you about the product. I'm sure some highly qualified advertising consultants will say that they work but my brain must be wired differently as they definitly don't work on me. Maybe I'm too cynical.

It's just marketing bowlocks though, does anybody even believe this stuff anymore? Did anyone ever?
It's the same with adverts, they're all flashy and cinematic and artistically crafted horsecrap that rarely tell you about the product. I'm sure some highly qualified advertising consultants will say that they work but my brain must be wired differently as they definitly don't work on me. Maybe I'm too cynical.

But how many tunes or images from adverts would you immediately remember if you heard/saw them

sometimes this if the only point - even if you have no clue as to the actual product

marketing is weird

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But 'blue whiteness' was definitely whiter than white!!! And Shake 'n' Vac did put the freshness back, didn't it??? :whistle:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The Amazon Prime ad featuring 'Full of Life' by Christine and the Queens always stops me in my tracks. (NB The full video of the song contains 'adult' language) :okay:

Windle

Über Member
But how many tunes or images from adverts would you immediately remember if you heard/saw them

sometimes this if the only point - even if you have no clue as to the actual product

marketing is weird

I can remember lots of images from TV ads, but would struggle to remember what they were trying to sell, such is the detachment from reality of the products in the ads themselves.

Top Bottom