Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Daniel L
congrats & welcome. I ues an allen key on mine which is part of a multi-tool set that makes a long handle to give extra leverage. If that fails you have a number of options. add a something circular over the end of the allen key to give extra leverage and act as a longer handle (think metal pipe concept), tap the allen key with what is known in this family as a the gentle persuasion tool, take it back to the shop and let them break it if it is going to break.
"Doe yo mean a black country screwdriver!" Sorry if I lapsed into my native accent I think its about 6mm allen key as I remember? As I was adjusting my saddle yesterday after I got back (wait for it I'm getting to the punch line) and low and behold I dropped the spanner on to the junk ridden garage floor and spent the next 2 hours looking for it as I heard it bounce and thought oh its just down there. So where was it when I found it? One metre away inside one of my wellington boots!
Now I really know how Victor Meldrew felt I have retired; hence I am Grumpy!

I am now a proud owner of this bike.. i do have a slight issue... i want to shift my seat slightly forward however the 'nut' seems to be superglued on, i cant make it budge... what tools do you guys use?

Yes Welcome to the T3 club you won't regret it and that praise indeed coming from an old grumpy person like me.

I'm not sure but the 'legendary' one is the one that was made in Italy (as I noted on the first review of the bike I saw on cycling active site ) Mine I note is made in where else but Romania thats whats On the frame so perhaps thats the Difference?

Phred1812

I'm not sure but the 'legendary' one is the one that was made in Italy (as I noted on the first review of the bike I saw on cycling active site )Mine I note is made in where else but Romania thats whats On the frame so perhaps thats the Difference?

Mine has a sticker at the bottom of the rear of seat tube that says Made in Italy in several languages. I read somewhere that they sub contract it to Dedacciai (not sure if I spelt that right). It was bought about a month ago directly from a Decathlon store

I have just bought my Triban 3 yesterday and finding it really scary getting used to the new riding position and gear shift etc. Any handy hints
Welcome to the club :-)

I have just bought my Triban 3 yesterday and finding it really scary getting used to the new riding position and gear shift etc. Any handy hints
Ride it more!

As per @Rob3rt's post - keep at it. I found I needed narrower bars (thanks to @Rob3rt that did not cost me an arm and a leg) and made a huge difference to comfort, it does make the handling more twitchy though, so learn on what you have and then work out if you need narrower bars. Brakes are interesting... most people are experiencing issues with the brakes... there are some rubber pads in with the CD/DVD that you got which will pull the brake levers inwards a touch (called shims), replacing the standard pads with something else such as swisstop green pads will help considerably and I added cross levers (additional brake levers that run inline with the brake cables) to aid braking because I could not manage the STI levers at all. - just search this forum for the relevant posts (use the search function it will make life quicker). otherwise it is a case of practice and more practice. It takes time and miles but it will come naturally after a while.

I had the same problem with the riding position as Satnav and other people have said before its does take practice and like you I fould th postion of the gear change a bit disconserting at first but you do get used to it perhaps just little rides to start on some quiet lanes or better still moterist free cyclepath?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Those with Fulcrum wheels - how do you find the ease/difficulty of getting tyres on and off? Heard this can be a problem.

Depends on the tyre you use, same with any rim, there are certain rim/tyre combinations that can be a pain. I have used Fulcrum rims with Conti GP4000s and Schwalbe Lugano tyres and they were easy to fit.

Louise Harley

As per @Rob3rt's post - keep at it. I found I needed narrower bars (thanks to @Rob3rt that did not cost me an arm and a leg) and made a huge difference to comfort, it does make the handling more twitchy though, so learn on what you have and then work out if you need narrower bars. Brakes are interesting... most people are experiencing issues with the brakes... there are some rubber pads in with the CD/DVD that you got which will pull the brake levers inwards a touch (called shims), replacing the standard pads with something else such as swisstop green pads will help considerably and I added cross levers (additional brake levers that run inline with the brake cables) to aid braking because I could not manage the STI levers at all. - just search this forum for the relevant posts (use the search function it will make life quicker). otherwise it is a case of practice and more practice. It takes time and miles but it will come naturally after a while.

Hey thanks a million, its the brakes that are scaring me the most, as I find it hard to stop they are so tight to pull. I was wondering if it was just a case of getting used to them but I think I would feel much better if I were able to stop the bike lol!

Top Bottom