Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Just weighed it with more accurate scales and it's coming in at 9.094kg!

Radchenister

Veteran
What about the pilot? ;)

andyoxon

Legendary Member
Went for a ride yesterday and pleased to say that the creaking has stopped, fitted the road racer 2 mud guards before ride, back ones fine but the front does tend to rub no matter how I adjust it. So the jury's out on those. Do keep me dry though.

I find the front CrudRR mudguard's final section is a bit of a problem - the end piece forward of the brake caliper. This was the bit that rubbed or moved for me. One thing to try though is making sure the cable tie around the brake is not too tight, allowing the mudguard to 'float'... I've got a stock of small cable ties which is always handy. Managed to stop it rubbing - though it still moved when applying the brake. You could just leave this small section of IMO, as I can't see it does much... I think as a design issue the front mudguard stays could be further out from the wheel as my spoke magnet has minimal clearance.*

* I've now moved the wireless unit further down the forks.

Billy Adam

I find the front CrudRR mudguard's final section is a bit of a problem - the end piece forward of the brake caliper. This was the bit that rubbed or moved for me. One thing to try though is making sure the cable tie around the brake is not too tight, allowing the mudguard to 'float'... I've got a stock of small cable ties which is always handy. Managed to stop it rubbing - though it still moved when applying the brake. You could just leave this small section of IMO, as I can't see it does much... I think as a design issue the front mudguard stays could be further out from the wheel as my spoke magnet has minimal clearance.
Yeah that's where mines rubbing. So as you say might try it without.

Phred1812

once you get out on it you will love it! look forward to seeing you around the roads of devon soon:hello:

Maybe Martin122. I recall from your earlier posts that you are based in or near Dartmoor. I live in West Hill which is between Exeter and Honiton. As the name suggests, we are in no danger of flooding and every ride finishes with a climb. Talking about Dartmoor, I rode up from Ashburton to see the Tour of Britain pass over the highest point in September. Thousands had the same idea. It was a beautiful day, probably the last day it hasn't rained or snowed. Still, it looks nice today so I will try to get away from the office this afternoon.

Duckehhh

my front crud guard would rub. what i did was put a tie in a loop around the calliper, then another through the guard, and loop those together. doesn't rub any more, unless i catch the bottom section with my foot while stationary

malcermie

Am I missing something? Thought I would check my bottom bracket bearings but the bearing seems to be a sealed unit. Took it out ok but didn't want to disturb the rubber seals should these come out?
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0044.jpg

Phred1812

Gave myself the afternoon off and did my first 25 miler. I love the bike - a huge improvement on the Hybrid although there is a lot of quality in the Giant. The one big irritation is the constant buzzing noise from from the little plastic windows on the shifters. I could always use a bit of clear tape to hold them down or maybe squirt a dab of superglue into the gaps. Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking of upgrading the bike but changing the shifters was not a priority and they don't come cheap.

D

Deleted member 20519

Gave myself the afternoon off and did my first 25 miler. I love the bike - a huge improvement on the Hybrid although there is a lot of quality in the Giant. The one big irritation is the constant buzzing noise from from the little plastic windows on the shifters. I could always use a bit of clear tape to hold them down or maybe squirt a dab of superglue into the gaps. Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking of upgrading the bike but changing the shifters was not a priority and they don't come cheap.

I get this problem, I never tend to notice it unless I think about it but I would like to fix it!

Can a newbie please pick the brains of some of you T3 owners?

If you were getting a new T3, would upgrades would you recommend from the products that Decathlon stock?

I'm going down to the Surrey Quays store on Sunday to hopefully pick up a T3 but I've seen a few comments now about changing a few of the standard parts for something better.

I've not got great mechanical knowledge, actually make that none :blush: so at the moment wouldn't feel confident changing things like wheels, pedals and tyres on my own. What I was thinking was if there are upgrades that Decathlon stock that I could ask them to fit when I actually buy my bike. Hopefully saving me some headaches in the long run.

Or alternatively would you not recommend that approach and say do upgrades through a decent LBS?
would just spend readies on essentials like cage and bottle / pimp etc
takes a while to decide if the standard pedals and saddle suit you.
i find saddle fine as i had a good lad fitting the bike to me.

Top Bottom