Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

Thank you :smile:......do you think it might be because she'd probably said to her manager that I was coming and they'be told her to say that so as to deter me from swaping therefore they wouldnt need to give me 150 quid back......personally that's what i think's been going on

puffinbilly

Veteran
Mine is fine too - think the SA might just be trying to help you get the 'equivalent' bike - when you mentioned the chain 'problem' she probably thought it best to steer you to better bike to make sure of customer satisfaction. Think you can look at it in many ways - simple truth is T3 chain and derailleur is fine.

Stu9

Fair enough...as for it being fine, I thought it was, as I'd never read anywhere about stuff like that

G3CWI

Veteran
So...is this a known fault with the 2300 gearing....cause she said I was better with the Sora on the T5...or is she "at it"​

That's interesting. I eventually concluded that there was something odd about the geometry on my T3. I cant get my gears to be perfect; least bad is the best I could do. However, I have changed lots of components so I would not wish to blame the T3 itself. As I recall, the T3 comes with two possible frames (Italian or Romanian?) but I may have mis-remembered that.

I still think it's a cracking bike.

Stu9

And it is (cracking bike) as it was my first choice, and believe me I was VERY tempted to exchange mine yesterday had it not been for a deep chip in the top tube on the frame.....exact same place as on the black T5 I nearly took before the one I've got.....and the gears not working right) but the red n white's growing on me albeit a b*stard to keep clean

What gets me though....they knew I was nearly 50 miles to see, how the hell could not have fixed it, unless it was buggered

This is just a question about chains in general. As I first though mine was lacking in Lube, so having first put wd 40 on it (the jockey wheel cage was jumping forward slightly at one point on revolving the chainwheel backward) I find it strange that it was doing it just in one position. So having put some WD 40 on the chain at that point contintued to revolve backward, this seemed to make t somwhat less jumpy but the chain seems still a little noisy and some vibration in the Jockey wheel hanger still though I have put more chain lube on it, I'm wondering now if the rear derailluer needs slight adjustment? Though gears seem to change fine also has anybody had problems with the T3 chain going rusty Though I've always lubed the chain links and it always seems that whenever I touch the chain I get oil off it I have had the chain off about 4 weeks ago and soaked it in paraffin then lubed it up again but it still has signs of rust showing on the outside of the sides of the links But not all of them I've cleaned them off once as I said, but they the rusty patches have come back again so perhaps I should invest in a new chain of better quailty?

Attachments

• Rusty on Chain.jpg
    Rusty on Chain.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 44
D

Deleted member 20519

This is just a question about chains in general. As I first though mine was lacking in Lube, so having first put wd 40 on it (the jockey wheel cage was jumping forward slightly at one point on revolving the chainwheel backward) I find it strange that it was doing it just in one position. So having put some WD 40 on the chain at that point contintued to revolve backward, this seemed to make t somwhat less jumpy but the chain seems still a little noisy and some vibration in the Jockey wheel hanger still though I have put more chain lube on it, I'm wondering now if the rear derailluer needs slight adjustment? Though gears seem to change fine also has anybody had problems with the T3 chain going rusty Though I've always lubed the chain links and it always seems that whenever I touch the chain I get oil off it I have had the chain off about 4 weeks ago and soaked it in paraffin then lubed it up again but it still has signs of rust showing on the outside of the sides of the links But not all of them I've cleaned them off once as I said, but they the rusty patches have come back again so perhaps I should invest in a new chain of better quailty?

My chain went rusty when I didn't lube it up and it got wet, using proper lube and not WD40 (WD40 is not a lubricant, it is a water displacer) should get rid of the rust.

D

Deleted member 20519

Thanks for your Input Jazloc As I said I have used proper chain lube after the WD 40 But perhaps not enough of it?

It's probably just surface rust, try using degreaser on it and then use a toothbrush to brush it off.

At the moment I'm just looking at the Rear Derailleuers to upgrade the unit though wouldnt stretch to the top of the range. Though I have spent quite a lot of money on it since I first got it. And still have time to ride it too.

D

Deleted member 20519

At the moment I'm just looking at the Rear Derailleuers to upgrade the unit though wouldnt stretch to the top of the range. Though I have spent quite a lot of money on it since I first got it. And still have time to ride it too.

There shouldn't be any problem with your rear derailleur, mine has been working fine for over a year now.

Top Bottom