Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duckehhh

Reindexed my gears earlier before work, shifting perfect on the strand. On the way to work, shifting was sluggish. Well annoying

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Reindexed my gears earlier before work, shifting perfect on the strand. On the way to work, shifting was sluggish. Well annoying

Just tweak the tensioner on derailleur. Often the cable moves slightly under load

DudeManchoo72

Regular
Think I'm gonna upgrade the wheels. These hubs are bobbins. Sick of regreasing the bearings every week and they don't roll very well at all after only 500 miles. Still look forward to riding it every time though. Gonna go with something with sealed bearings if I can.

I'm guessing that it's because most people buy the T3 because it's just that, cheap. It's for people who are just starting road cycling and they aren't going to want to spend £600 on their first bike.

Also, the red T3 has literally nothing to touch it with that spec for that price. There is a lot more competition at the £600 mark. Ribble have a good spec Tiagra for around £660 that also far better spec (ie full Tiagra groupset, wheels etc.)
Merlin also have a couple of Tiagra specced road bikes for under £600 which look like they are better than the T7 in a number of areas like brakes and wheels.

D

Deleted member 20519

hWdZ6It.jpg

Steve Donovan

Had my new T3 a week or so, and last night I had my first flat. Went with quite a bang too. I've heard people mention rim tape. I have to be honest, I didn't notice if it had any on already when I was changing the tube in the dark in the rain last night.
Therefore, if I was to buy some, what sort is best ?

Steve Donovan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372445480.728654.jpg

I've just investigated my popped tube. Here's a pic.
It's about a half an inch long split and about an inch either side of the split seems to be a 'scratch' of some sort
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372445830.605093.jpg
where the tyre seems to have worn a bit. It's on the inside of the tube, against the rim. Is this likely to be the rim itself causing a problem or a possible tube fault ?
It's the standard Btwin tube that came with my bike. Out of interest, in general, should I be looking at a better quality of tube to use ? As well as some decent rim tape ?

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Unfortunately, the tubes fitted are not of the highest quality. May pay to fit better quality tubes.
Rim tape is a good way to help prevent punctures and can be bought from most LBS's

Stu9

***if the T3 owners can help***

I went to see one yesterday in the size the shop said suits me better....anyway, I got the salesgirl to show me the gears ect all working but the chain rubbed on the front derailleur as it moved from the middle to the outside cog, she said it was fully adjusted and that it was design fault (I've never heard of it). But it got me thinking that it's just a ploy from them so they didn't need to give me money if I'd changed bikes, as I'd have got 150 back.

So...is this a known fault with the 2300 gearing....cause she said I was better with the Sora on the T5...or is she "at it"​

Top Bottom