Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu9000

Anyone else feeling the need to get out and about on the Triban since the better weather has arrived?

Unfortunately for me, too many late finishes at work have wiped me out and tbh I've been too knackered to do ANY cycling after work. Should be back on normal hours next week so should return to some normality.

Been like a bear with a sore head this week trying to get out before the weather breaks again. Finally managed a 10m sprint yesterday and felt like a new man

Kies

Yes Kies the Shimano's seem very good value , how are you finding the RS10's ?
I am looking at the AL30 C 's for the same reason as you Satnav , the roads around Sheffield are not the best either .
I will look at the Fulcrums as an alternative.

I'm finding the RS10's very good. Spin well. So well that i shaved a minute of a previous (training loop of 3.1 miles) ride.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Hi jifdave.
Haven't heard of many new model T3 owners. Hardly any on the Triban Owners Club. Obviously the original red T3 is most popular but there are quite a few T5 and T7 members posting regularly.
Still waiting for a review of the new one!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Cool, I have a red and so does my brother, a fella on my road wants a triban but I know little about t3white.

Getting my new handbuilt wheels Tuesday, cant wait to test them out!

Martin p

I'm finding the RS10's very good. Spin well. So well that i shaved a minute of a previous (training loop of 3.1 miles) ride.
Cheers Kies , sounds like you are very happy with them .
As I looked on reviews I came across an American site that
Gave the RS10 's a real slating ( loads of broken spokes ect )
But they were all heavy riders . As I'm just under 11 st I don't think
It would be a problem.

Bit surprised to see my original tyres are perishing already, they are only 6 months old! I know most of you have upgraded but surely they should have lasted a bit longer or Am I being tight?
7215a2ac322f6fc6740783efcf889a33_zpsd216375a.jpg

335e45b98927238a2c051f3153cb25ba_zps0225cec0.jpg

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Unusual to perish on sides like that.... mine covered 800miles and still have life in them, I got a puncture and switched to luganos

JohnC60

Mine aren't quite so bad but show signs of going the same way after 6 months and 520 miles. Have already got a pair of vittoria zaffiro's in stock. They may be going on sooner than I thought!

Martin p

Just had the my T3 in for the 6 mth service everything ok , even the tyres & wheelset. Must not be riding it enough ! :smile:Only trouble is front mech is now rubbing ..... it didnt before :sad:

Top Bottom