Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you've chosen the wisest option Chris.
I get the feeling the new model may be a bit of a disappointment TBH.

Welcome to "the club" Be sure to keep us informed how you go on with the new bike, both on here and on the T3 Owners as per my sig.:thumbsup:

Only annoying thing is that I don't have a local Decathlon. Got a 4 hour round trip to the Birmingham store, there are closer branches but Birmingham are the only one with both the 57 & 60 in stock and I really want to make sure that I get the correct size.

Hopefully the weather doesn't get to bad over night and I get a nice easy drive tomorrow.

andyoxon

Legendary Member
So what's the talk about the new Triban 3 being reduced spec?

Only annoying thing is that I don't have a local Decathlon. Got a 4 hour round trip to the Birmingham store, there are closer branches but Birmingham are the only one with both the 57 & 60 in stock and I really want to make sure that I get the correct size.

Hopefully the weather doesn't get to bad over night and I get a nice easy drive tomorrow.

I found the listings don't always tally with what's in store, have you phoned the Coventry store as you will be passing very very close.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
So what's the talk about the new Triban 3 being reduced spec?
As posted by CommuterBen when he contacted Decathlon. He received the following reply:

image-jpg.17714.jpg

Kookas

Über Member
So you'd buy a costlier set to go on a £300 bike? I'd contend that's pointless.

Tony.

I've heard £450 doesn't get you a better bike, so the £150 for some good wheels is worth it.

im quite happy to pay £150 for wheels but that's my limit and not sure what to get?

You were the one that wanted new wheels. £150 will get you a set of wheels no better than you already have. Nobody is suggesting you go out and blow £3000 on a set of Lightweights - and whatever you buy can be removed before sale and kept for your next bike. But don't let logic spoil it.

martin122

Regular
You were the one that wanted new wheels. £150 will get you a set of wheels no better than you already have. Nobody is suggesting you go out and blow £3000 on a set of Lightweights, but whatever you buy can be removed before sale and kept for your next bike. But don't let logic spoil it.
yes fair point I understand

outlash

also available in orange
what's pointless about improving the ride quality?

I'm sorry, I was unaware that you owned one of these bikes. I'm sure you're aware just how patchy the quality can be on the wheels.
So instead of pooh-poohing the idea, why don't you make a positive contribution and make some suggestions instead?

Tony.

Top Bottom