Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
Horses for courses on the pedals - the standard issue pedals went straight in a drawer and I fitted SPDs from the outset; I spent a fair few years on MTB SPDs so that's what I'm used to and that's what I've put on, can't remember when I started using them and don't recall ever having any issues with release ('til next outing no doubt). My bike is purely for leisure riding around country lanes, there's hardly any traffic lights to deal with for miles (or many other reasons to stop for that matter), so this works for me.

Kookas

Über Member
I'm a size 13, toe clips fit me and I can get my feet out quickly too. It suits urban riding.

outlash

also available in orange
I'm a size 13, toe clips fit me and I can get my feet out quickly too. It suits urban riding.

Interesting, I'm a 12 and I found I was pedalling with my toes rather than the balls of my feet where the pedals should be. Hence, my heel hitting the deurailler. Perhaps I had different sized clips on my bike.

Tony.

Kookas

Über Member
Interesting, I'm a 12 and I found I was pedalling with my toes rather than the balls of my feet where the pedals should be. Hence, my heel hitting the deurailler. Perhaps I had different sized clips on my bike.

Tony.

Hmm, I thought that was how it was supposed to be? Never had any issues with the actual position of my feet. My heels aren't hitting my derailleur, though.

CommuterBen

Regular
57 would be too small matey. In 5"11 and a 57cm is perfect for me! I'd go 60cm if I were you! If you can get to a store the guys there are so helpful and will give you all the info you need when buying the correct size! They are awesome when I went in!

Kookas

Über Member
I got a 57 and am 6'2. I find it's fine to ride, but I have no idea if a bigger one would do me better. Not sure if I could change it now, anyway.

outlash

also available in orange
@ Kookas, if you look at clipless shoes, the cleat fixings are underneath the ball of the feet. Given a few mm either way, that's where they should be.

@andyoxon I'm 6'3" with a 34" inside leg and went for the 60cm. I think it 'just' fits in that the seatpost is pretty high and I've flipped the stem to bring the bars up a bit. Saying that, my understanding is that you can make a smaller bike 'bigger' but you can't make a big bike smaller. You possibly could buy either but I reckon you might need to make adjustments (new stem etc) to make it more comfortable.

Tony.

Hi,
Just ordered a Triban 3 and am collecting from the Birmingham Decathlon tomorrow (weather permitting). Had tried to order online last week but they did not have the size I needed in stock. Was going to wait and order online in a couple of weeks but this talk of a reduced spec model made me want to get one ASAP just in case.

lads in brum store are good - bike was well fitted and has given me no aches at all

Tony.
ditto !

im size 12 and same problem with the straps on pedals.
SPD now :rolleyes:

CommuterBen

Regular
Are there any Cheap upgrades for the triban 3!? Just bought mine an before I ride just want to know if i should upgrade anything?

Or anything that people have added to theirs?

I've got a bottle cage and some lights and am looking for a clip on pump. Will also get an under saddle bag and maybe some red&black bar tape!

outlash

also available in orange
I'd say get it and see how you get on. Get the essentials (bottle cage, spare inner tube etc etc) and take it from there. I've changed the pedals, seat, wheels/tyres on mine plus a new stem to get a better fit.

Tony.

Top Bottom