Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Are good old landrovers.
They say 75% of landrovers are still on the road, the rest made it home.
If you want to drive into the jungle drive a landrover, if you want to drive back out drive a Toyota.
Landrover, overpriced and unreliable (and now very ugly).

Saw a disco 5 with a central number plate the other day and it looked good!
How could JLR mess up so badly.

They did have a habit of it!
E type to xjs comes to mind as does MK3 to xj40...

DRM

Guru
Are good old landrovers.
They say 75% of landrovers are still on the road, the rest made it home.
If you want to drive into the jungle drive a landrover, if you want to drive back out drive a Toyota.
Landrover, overpriced and unreliable (and now very ugly).

Strange that perception,marketing BS from Toyota Australia that people fell for, like Boris' Brexit bus & £350,000 a week for the NHS, ours towed all over Britain & Europe, went Green laning with it, never let us down, it had over 236,000 miles on it when it was traded in, not exactly unreliable was it, the Freelander that replaced it, a 2005 Td4 is currently taxed insured & has a valid MOT according to the governments MOT check website, as is my brother's old Series 2 from 1971, so that's 3 examples of an unreliable Land Rover, not, it's as relevant as the old saying of Ford, Ford four wheels on a board, to start it you have to push it!
Those Toyota Land Cruisers everyone thinks are fantastic, bear no resemblance, to those sold in Europe, in fact they were never legal to sell in Europe, the early versions were sold cheap to undercut Land Rovers and get a foothold in Aus & Europe, as all Japanese cars were, yet they were so "reliable" you were lucky to get 5 years out of one before severe rust killed them, how many old Land Cruisers or Nissan Patrols do you see, none, no one mentions the Isuzu Troopers and Nissan Pathfinder/Navara's that would self destruct their engines, yet L-R's are unreliable! the new L-R's are overpriced, & not my cup of tea, but this nonsense of unreliability is a tired old chestnut in my experience.

Jameshow

Veteran
Strange that perception,marketing BS from Toyota Australia that people fell for, like Boris' Brexit bus & £350,000 a week for the NHS, ours towed all over Britain & Europe, went Green laning with it, never let us down, it had over 236,000 miles on it when it was traded in, not exactly unreliable was it, the Freelander that replaced it, a 2005 Td4 is currently taxed insured & has a valid MOT according to the governments MOT check website, as is my brother's old Series 2 from 1971, so that's 3 examples of an unreliable Land Rover, not, it's as relevant as the old saying of Ford, Ford four wheels on a board, to start it you have to push it!
Those Toyota Land Cruisers everyone thinks are fantastic, bear no resemblance, to those sold in Europe, in fact they were never legal to sell in Europe, the early versions were sold cheap to undercut Land Rovers and get a foothold in Aus & Europe, as all Japanese cars were, yet they were so "reliable" you were lucky to get 5 years out of one before severe rust killed them, how many old Land Cruisers or Nissan Patrols do you see, none, no one mentions the Isuzu Troopers and Nissan Pathfinder/Navara's that would self destruct their engines, yet L-R's are unreliable! the new L-R's are overpriced, & not my cup of tea, but this nonsense of unreliability is a tired old chestnut in my experience.

You forgot the Navara snapping chassis!🤣🤣🤣

DRHysted

Guru

Strange we used to recover landys regularly,we even had stickers made up.

That’s a members only group. Has it helped you out, so worthwhile for other Kodiaq owners?
Sorry, I never noticed that :blush:
I though it might have shown a 'title page'

There's nothing really that I didn't know, or hadn't seen elsewhere

Sunday 5th

Father-in-law, & I, took it over at dinnertime, travelling via; M62 > 'old' A1 > 'Tadcaster TurnPike (A162) > Sherburn-in-Elmet bypass > 'Bishopdike' > Cawood > 'Kelfield Ings' > Stillingfleet

We had a problem as usual (it wouldn't be the same, if we didn't) with the water-heater not firing up, but it was due to a not fully turned on 'tap' on the gas-bottle
The issue now, is if Lottie settles down, as she's not been in it before!

https://www.oldpasturepark.co.uk/

View attachment 676928

View attachment 676935

Joanne arrived about an hour later, with Lottie (being walked, to extreme right)
View attachment 676929

I departed just before 15:00, heading back, via Riccall & Kelfield (7 'geographs')

View attachment 676933

Edit @ 18:42
Mint can be seen in my rear window, peeking out

Collecting a day early, off shortly
Out of gas, so no heating, & there was an overnight slight frost

On our arrival back at the storage compound, due to someone having parked whilst working on their ‘van, it was easier to go through this gap, than a 50 yard reverse
(I believe I was capable of it, but the 'squeeze' cut down on slipping the clutch)
It looks wider than it was in this photograph, l reckon there was about 6” clearance to either side!*
(I’d already swapped registration plates back)

ADC9042E-118B-4B6D-9BC6-F605AA2B0895.jpeg

* A lot less room to spare, than Cawood bridge, that SWMBO doesn't want to tow it across, if they decide to return to that site
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6292226

Last edited:

GilesM

Legendary Member
Top Bottom