Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If any of you (like me) were listening to Pog saying he wants the rainbow bands, and started wondering what the course is like ...

It's 273.9km with 4470m of climbing finishing with lumpy laps of a Zurich circuit

After the start in Winterthur, the men’s elite will make a loop through the Weinland before riding through Winterthur again and leaving the city in the direction of Kyburg. A first steeper climb awaits them there, with a 10.8 % gradient in between. From here, the route continues through the Zurich Oberland, via Volketswil and Fällanden past Lake Greifensee to Maur. The route then climbs steeply and leads into the City Circuit. Following this, the lap counting begins at the first finish. In the case of the men’s elite race, the athletes complete another seven laps of the City Circuit. https://zurich2024.com/en/racecourses/#:~:text=START LOCATION ZURICH-OERLIKON&text=After an ascent over the,to the finish at Sechseläutenplatz.

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...rich-world-championships-mens-elite-road-race

That's another Merckx achievement - in his last year of dominance.

avsd

Guru
Difference between first and seconds was just 0.125%! See calculations Pog's total time 301,136 seconds and Ving's was 301,513.

HoursMinutesSecondsTotal ( Sec)
Tadej Pogačar
83​
38​
56​
301136​
Jonas Vingegaard
83​
45​
13​
301513​
0.125%​

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Difference between first and seconds was just 0.125%! See calculations Pog's total time 301,136 seconds and Ving's was 301,513.

Tadej Pogačar
83​
38​
56​
301136​
Jonas Vingegaard
83​
45​
13​
301513​
0.125%​

Cav
90​
02​
07​
324131​

;) 7.6% more

andrew_s

Legendary Member

Tadej Pogačar
83​
38​
56​
301136​
Jonas Vingegaard
83​
45​
13​
301513​
0.125%​

During the TT, the colemantators were saying that the total difference in time for the 4 tours that Pog and Ving have finished 1st and 2nd in was 22 sec.
The TT bumped that up to 85 sec

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That's another Merckx achievement - in his last year of dominance.
I have to defend Eddy here. The following year (1975) is remembered largely for what happened in the Tour, and illness had prevented him riding the Giro, but Eddy had been as dominant as ever for much of the spring.

On the way to winning his final Super Prestige Pernod he was this close to winning all four spring monuments:

PR75.jpg

Adam4868

Guru
Maybe next time wait till after the event to poke the bear.
Lol....even you have to admit Remcos been class ! Exceeded everyone's expectations....except myself obviously 😁

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It was... Pogtastic!!!

It would have been even better if Vingegaard hadn't wrecked himself in the run up to the Tour but at least he did get there in good enough shape for the first couple of weeks.

Considering how wrecked his body was just back in March, I think what he managed was absolutely amazing. If they are both at peak fitness next year it should be good.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Cav Lanterne Rouge. Which means that Pog has done 6 hr 23 less cycling than Cav. Lazy bugger.

I thought it was quite neat how he managed to lose a bit more time on Morkov to pick up the Lantern rouge!

A much better way to finish off Le Tour than the usual run-in to Paris.

Even though I am not normally a TT enthusiast.
I disagree as well. It misses the chance to have that celebration for the yellow jersey as a team in the opening lap of Paris.

However, it has been a great tour with some really exciting stages.

tarric

Über Member
I thought it was quite neat how he managed to lose a bit more time on Morkov to pick up the Lantern rouge!

Morkov left the tour after stage 11, it was Ballerini who improved by one place on the TT.

So - is Pog going to enter the Vuelta??

They say doing all 3 is impossible

but they have said that about Pog before!

Doesn't look like it according to Matxin.

"This year, it was the Giro-Tour double. He's now old enough to ride two Grand Tours a year, but we always look ahead. If he were to ride the Vuelta too, he'd end up racing four Grand Tours in one year, which would take its toll. It can't be that he makes history this year and isn't competitive next year."

Top Bottom