Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Anyway Chapeau again Vingo....got to be one of the best comeback rides I've seen !
Can't not warm to him after that...without much of a team behind him too.Definately game on now...four GC stages and a TT.
May the best man win....😁

Same as last year. Pod will most likely burn out mid tour for an easy Vin win.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Re Fred Wright yesterday. This from the TdF site

Wright’s tough, long battle

Struggling with physical issues yesterday, Fred Wright found himself alone at the back after only 29km on Stage 11. The British champion still had 182km to go and he never gave up, but it was too much for him to make it inside the time-cut of 53’13’’. As Jonas Vingegaard crossed the line, Wright was still 31.4 kilometres away. He needed to average 35.4km/h over that stretch to survive but he eventually finished 8 minutes too late

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why not?

Because that isn't the way Tadej works. He keeps on pushing for stage wins even when he has absolutely no need to, he always wants to win every race if he has any chance.

It also means that overall, Jonas gained 1 second instead of losing 7 seconds.
Exactly. Tadej wants to win the race, not the stage. Maybe he's finally learned how. Save a little energy, show a bit of generosity, keep Jonas at the finish longer, keep a bullet for another day.

8 seconds rarely matters.

Adam4868

Guru
Michael Morcov...out with covid.😲
Also...Matej Mohoric...not out but worrying.
"We did some test. Luckily no one was Covid-19 positive, but some riders don't feel well. We need to wait until it's over. I didn't feel good after Stage 6, but it's better now."

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I see Pog gets the combativity award for yesterday. That's fair enough, he was the most combative rider. But all the same it feels a bit rough on the likes of Abrahamsen who animated the race early on. After all Pogi doesn't need a red number on his yellow jumper.

Reactions: mjr
Anyone’s excited about today’s stage?

No, didn’t think so.

Except I am willing to bet Abrahamssen will make beaucoup efforts to get in the break to hoover up the 3 mountain points to take back ‘his’ polka dot jumper. Or at least share it with the current wearer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyone’s excited about today’s stage?

No, didn’t think so.

Except I am willing to bet Abrahamssen will make beaucoup efforts to get in the break to hoover up the 3 mountain points to take back ‘his’ polka dot jumper. Or at least share it with the current wearer.

I am.

Bini needs to defend green. It's still possible for Jasper the Disaster (peloton's #1 baddie) to take it off him.

Reactions: mjr

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Bini extends his lead by one whole point at the intermediate sprint

1. Turgis, 20 pts
2. Abrahamsen, 17 pts
3. Pacher, 15 pts
4. Madouas, 13 pts
... 1'25''
5. Girmay, 11 pts
6. Philipsen, 10 pts
7. Coquard, 9 pts
8. Teunissen, 8 pts
9. Rex, 7 pts
10. Gibbons, 6 pts

OK, glad someone is. Maybe I should have phrased it better - if anyone is interested on the whole stage?
Understood that Intermediate Sprint and finish might be important, but the rest?
I shall go back to work.

Top Bottom