Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really enjoying this race, but can’t honestly see Jonas keeping this up. Massive injury, no races. It would be “remarkable“ if he could keep this going.

Pleased to see Remco hanging in there.

Not so pleased to see Ineos still don’t seem to have a credible GC leader. I was hoping Egan would be top five. Carlos, I just don’t know. Tom, not a GC rider.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Or he might just have runout of legs, I doubt after all the work by his team to put him in place for the win he would have thrown it away.
Why not? Tadej keeps yellow, he doesn't need another stage, and he keeps Jonas up the hill doing podium, press and anti-doping instead of being able to fark off to the hotel and rest sooner. It's tactical brilliance. If only tomorrow had more climbing.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Why not? Tadej keeps yellow, he doesn't need another stage, and he keeps Jonas up the hill doing podium, press and anti-doping instead of being able to fark off to the hotel and rest sooner. It's tactical brilliance. If only tomorrow had more climbing.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on... :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I see Primoz was given same time as Remco because... 3km rule. 🤔

That's something that people will keep bringing up when discussing daft cycling rules.

Wow! What a day!

Meh.
Made almost no difference to GC. Pog attacked, Vingo closed him down. 🤷‍♂️

;-) xxx

Alex321

Guru

Why not?

Because that isn't the way Tadej works. He keeps on pushing for stage wins even when he has absolutely no need to, he always wants to win every race if he has any chance.

It also means that overall, Jonas gained 1 second instead of losing 7 seconds.

I dont know if you have ever noticed but the wearer of the yellow jersey will have to do all of that and cant just fark off to the hotel and rest sooner :wacko:

Adam4868

Guru
Anyway Chapeau again Vingo....got to be one of the best comeback rides I've seen !
Can't not warm to him after that...without much of a team behind him too.Definately game on now...four GC stages and a TT.
May the best man win....😁

Why not?

Because that isn't the way Tadej works. He keeps on pushing for stage wins even when he has absolutely no need to, he always wants to win every race if he has any chance.

It also means that overall, Jonas gained 1 second instead of losing 7 seconds.

Yes - an 8-second turnaround in GC time is not something Pog would give away lightly.
The post-race ceremony theory holds a few ml of water - even though the Stage winner gets away before the GC leader podium. pfft.
Think about what we saw: Vingo opened up the sprint, Pog could have sat on his wheel all the way to the line. Instead he made an effort to come round.

Mind games? I suppose it's possible, but I'd like someone to explain how that would work 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom