Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
To give Vingo some hope, he only lost a few seconds to the Pog attack uphill. And didn't Pog outclimb him a couple of times last year early on?
We can't write him off yet.

Milzy

Guru
To give Vingo some hope, he only lost a few seconds to the Pog attack uphill. And didn't Pog outclimb him a couple of times last year early on?

I think it’s all sewn up already. Pog is on super form!

Adam4868

Guru
Definately ! If he's started this well after six weeks out I can only see him getting better as the race goes on.Week three will be brutal !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Let's not forget what happened to Pogi on Col de la Loze last year or Col de la SomethingElse* the year before. It aint over by a long way.

Great showing from Remco, considering that he's supposed to be useless at altitude

* Edit: Col du Granon

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Let's not forget what happened to Pogi on Col de la Loze last year or Col de la SomethingElse the year before. It aint over by a long way.

Great showing from Remco, considering that he's supposed to be useless at altitude

Pogi is on another level from back then. He’s ultra reinforced, he measures the efforts with care, no chance he will blow or burn out. He’s fresh as a daisy crossing the finish line breathing like a bloke that went out to put a bin bag in the wheelie bin.

Just for a bit of fun, with Bini winning yesterday, Eritrea became the next newest country to win a stage. Three other countries have won just one stage.

I had to google it both country and rider although I guessed one when I saw the specific country.

Eurosport/ITV probably did a feature on this that I missed lol

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just for a bit of fun, with Bini winning yesterday, Eritrea became the next newest country to win a stage. Three other countries have won just one stage.

I had to google it both country and rider although I guessed one when I saw the specific country.

Eurosport/ITV probably did a feature on this that I missed lol

As it's a bit of fun, can you put the answers up? You can use a spoiler tag
Like this
(I can't be arsed to look it up ;) )

I have no idea how to do that lol

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have no idea how to do that lol

You type stuff, highlight it and press the little icon with an eye through it
1719951559197.png

You can enter a title in the box that pops up

like this

Aravis

Putrid Donut
My impression was that Pog was right on his limit today. If he's already better than he's ever been and is certain to have days when he's marginally less good, there's no reason for the others to give up yet.

Having negotiated the scary opening days whilst losing less than a minute, surely Vin must be the most likely to find some improvement over the three weeks? On the other hand I thought he looked a bit shell-shocked at the end.

Impressive composure from Evenepoel so far. Using his strengths sensibly to avoid unnecessary losses. No reason to think he can't get stronger.

I think one of the one-time stage winning nations must be Brazil - I remember it happening. Channel 4 did a competition - for a pre-selected stage you had to send in a postcard predicting the winner, and no-one got that one right.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had a guess at one of the countries, but I went to procyclingstats and I was wrong. That country (think Day of the Jackal) has never had a win. But I couldn't figure out how to get procyclingstats to give me the answers.

Jameshow

Veteran
I think it's all a bit predictable tbh.

A UAE team train up the mountain pog goes at 1km and vingo follows stage over💤💤💤

Remember the good old days of Robert Millar going off the front and getting dropped and going again ditto pantarni !

Top Bottom