Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I find his position particularly dispiriting

I used to like Ross Tucker but he's a stuck record.

Like the Flying Monkey said earlier, amazing performance to really put the final result in almost no doubt, but after the attacks on Mur de Huy and Mur de Bretagne then today's outstanding ride, if Froome keeps repeating such feats day in day out then some questions need asked.

PpPete

Legendary Member
He's only 2 minutes ahead of Cav even after today's stage!
Yebbut - but from there he could, theoretically, go after the maillot a pois, instead of just caretaking it for the day.
Whether the Team would allow him the freedom or just play safe for the yellow is another question. And will his impending departure affect the answer to the question?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yebbut - but from there he could, theoretically, go after the maillot a pois, instead of just caretaking it for the day.
Whether the Team would allow him the freedom or just play safe for the yellow is another question. And will his impending departure affect the answer to the question?
I was just reinforcing @Hont's point that he was fresh today because he'd done bugger all last week

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Who's to say that there isn't something new out there that isn't illegal just now.

Yeah, mainly weight loss drugs and painkillers, I think. Sky might use some of these - they've been a bit cagey on the subject in the past.

Edit: google Tramadol.

Has epo always been banned in the history of cycling?

EPO was added to the banned list around 1992, I think.

Last edited:

bikeman66

Surely, if Team Sky were doping, they would make things a little more subtle than to showcase what they did today. I actually believe they hit that stage like that today (A) because they could, and (B) because they have nothing to hide.

Recent (and not so recent history) has turned us all in to doubters. If no-one will believe any rider is capable of extraordinary feats of endurance riding clean, there is ultimately absolutely no point and no hope not just for the Tour, but for professional cycling period.

Clever people will find inventive ways round rules and regulations. When one is deemed now to be illegal or unsporting they introduce the next new idea.Governing Bodies can only, at best, be one step behind the participants

robertob

Well, Lance has no clue either (sadly) whether Sky is doped or not, as he put in one of his tweets today:

lance.png

adamangler

Veteran
Nibali has looked off all Tour, so it wasn't a great surprise. Contador after the Giro was unknown. TJ has never really lived with the big guns on steep climbs. But for Froome to put over a minute into Quintana. That is an eyebrow raiser.

It was hot by all accounts, which does favour someone raised in Africa and who is tall and skinny, but over a minute :wacko: ?? On one climb.

its fairly warm in columbia like

Top Bottom