Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
In 2013 sky let many riders have an easy first week, but b the knowledge that a rested rider would be more useful later in the tour. I suspect Porte had this for the first few states - now he will be in the mountains for Froome + putting himself in the shop window for other teams.

Thomas is doing an absolute dream, let's have or he places well and can try and cut his teeth as a GC rider in the future alongside Kennaugh

philk56

Guru
Am I wrong to be surprised that it's Adam, not Simon, who's up at the sharp end?
I heard it said that Simon had a sore throat and was not 100%. Shame as I have Simon not Adam in my fantasy team :sad:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I didn't think sky are breaking any current rules. Ethos from start has been marginal gains to give same increase in performance as doping used to. Trial and error has them where they are ahead of the game

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have great respect for GT without thinking of him as a GC contender. I think he's one of our greatest homegrown talents. But I don't really understand what he (or perhaps Sky) were up to when he could have taken it easier on the last stages of the climb. And I'd like him to be as fresh as possible for the next time Sky really needs his effort. Good legs today? Putting himself on the map? Or simply the urge to put time into TJ?

I have great respect for GT without thinking of him as a GC contender. I think he's one of our greatest homegrown talents. But I don't really understand what he (or perhaps Sky) were up to when he could have taken it easier on the last stages of the climb. And I'd like him to be as fresh as possible for the next time Sky really needs his effort. Good legs today? Putting himself on the map? Or simply the urge to put time into TJ?
He said he sat in for most of it, he wanted to attack but instructions were to follow van Garderen and not give him a wheel

Lemond

Stopping others gaining bonus points / protecting Froome's lead.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
My highlights of yesterday's stage (apart from the Sky 1-2 and Froome's competitors having their arses handed to them):
1) The look Geraint Thomas gave Valverde when the latter was reeled back in after putting in a dig
2) The same Geraint Thomas giving the same old man a push over the line to give him fifth place. Aww...

;)

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Blimey, leave this thread for a few days and there's suddenly 30 extra pages. I'm still on the discussion about team support on the cobbled stage...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Sky are always telling us they are at the cutting edge of technology and techniques with the most scientific approach. Who's to say that there isn't something new out there that isn't illegal just now. Has epo always been banned in the history of cycling?

Yeah, mainly weight loss drugs and painkillers, I think. Sky might use some of these - they've been a bit cagey on the subject in the past.

Edit: google Tramadol.

I'd like to think a team that takes a strong ethical stance against doping doesn't make distinctions on the basis of whether something's actually illegal or not, more whether it's unethical. There's against the rules, and against the spirit of the rules.

This is where I'm slightly dubious about over-generous use of TUEs.

Hope they're not using Tramadol, it's horrible stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom