Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
But for Froome to put over a minute into Quintana. That is an eyebrow raiser.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Quintana's form coming into the Tour was a complete mystery. Given his lack of racing in the build up, it might have been more of an eye-opener if he'd been able to stay with Froome.

BigAl68

Über Member
Well I have just taken another look at the book of face and jesus there is a lot of hate out there for team sky. People quoting watts per km, EPO, hate of the highest order and lots of people knocking GT as he was playing with val at then end. Did any of these people watch the race and the damage movistar did at the start of the climb? Anyway it's cider o'clock. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Hont

Guru
Well I have just taken another look at the book of face and jesus there is a lot of hate out there for team sky. People quoting watts per km,
Probably Watts/Kg. Difficult to compare with the known doping era as it's the first time they've finished on this climb, and a lot of numbers will be supposition, but it was not a performance to reassure the sceptical.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
image.jpg

BigAl68

Über Member
Probably Watts/Kg. Difficult to compare with the known doping era as it's the first time they've finished on this climb, and a lot of numbers will be supposition, but it was not a performance to reassure the sceptical.

Anyone who isn't liking big Dave and his team are looking for anything. Seems the previous dopers i.e. Astana aren't getting any hate lol.

Wafer

Veteran
Well I have just taken another look at the book of face and jesus there is a lot of hate out there for team sky. People quoting watts per km, EPO, hate of the highest order and lots of people knocking GT as he was playing with val at then end. Did any of these people watch the race and the damage movistar did at the start of the climb? Anyway it's cider o'clock. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Heh, I had a quick look at the some comments and realised I'm not nearly as cynical as I thought, Sky are basically the devil and G's comment that amused me about being frustrated at not going was apparently evidence of their cocky attitude towards doping! Apparently you have to be a brainless bot to enjoy that kind of racing...

BigAl68

Über Member
Heh, I had a quick look at the some comments and realised I'm not nearly as cynical as I thought, Sky are basically the devil and G's comment that amused me about being frustrated at not going was apparently evidence of their cocky attitude towards doping! Apparently you have to be a brainless bot to enjoy that kind of racing...

Last year it was the men in blue this year the men in black. Seems being good at your job means you are a Lance...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Astana's problem is having actual convicted dopers on the team and an unrepentant doper as team boss. Nibali may well be riding clean (and if he's doping, he should be asking his doctor for a refund), but his team has no credibility.

Sky, by contrast, have a very strongly stated anti-doping stance. They've been a bit weaselish in the past about things like employing Leinders, using dieting drugs and getting TUEs for Froome, so I don't wholly trust them but on the whole, I feel inclined to believe they're more or less clean.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Froome had been well-protected and the team had benefitted from Movistar setting the pace for Quintana, who tried to attack but failed. Basically Froome took his chance. If he does the same thing every day for the next 2 weeks, I will be suspicious. But he doesn't have too. All he has to do now is stay alert and mark his rivals. This was about having a racing brain as much as physical abilities, form or anything more dubious.

BigAl68

Über Member
Froome had been well-protected and the team had benefitted from Movistar setting the pace for Quintana, who tried to attack but failed. Basically Froome took his chance. If he does the same thing every day for the next 2 weeks, I will be suspicious. But he doesn't have too. All he has to do now is stay alert and mark his rivals. This was about having a racing brain as much as physical abilities, form or anything more dubious.

Well said

Top Bottom