Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I said it at the time, no way Nibbles would have won the Tour with either of those 3 around.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Because of others' past form or because he just blew them all out of the water?
Because it reminds me too much of various bods from the past.
I'd like to believe it's all clean but the weight of history makes me look very sideways at such a dominant display. I just don't have faith.
Fair? Nope. Scientific? Nope. But that's how it is.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Uran was blown away again too soon as well

Hont

Guru
Nibali has looked off all Tour, so it wasn't a great surprise. Contador after the Giro was unknown. TJ has never really lived with the big guns on steep climbs. But for Froome to put over a minute into Quintana. That is an eyebrow raiser.

It was hot by all accounts, which does favour someone raised in Africa and who is tall and skinny, but over a minute :wacko: ?? On one climb.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Nibali has looked off all Tour, so it wasn't a great surprise. Contador after the Giro was unknown. TJ has never really lived with the big guns on steep climbs. But for Froome to put over a minute into Quintana. That is an eyebrow raiser.

It was hot by all accounts, which does favour someone raised in Africa and who is tall and skinny, but over a minute :wacko: ?? On one climb.

Acc to ES not as hot as predicted
IIRC high twenties, not mid 30s

PpPete

Legendary Member
Worth noting as well that it was Movistar who did the real damage on the lower part of the climb, Sky just finished the job.
Shot themselves in the foot with that one, didn't they?
TBH I doubt it would have made that much difference for stage win.
What it did mean was that Messrs Porte and Thomas only had to pull for comparatively short efforts, and therefore both had plenty left in the tank to go on at pace all the way to the line.
G for a "plan B" or even a podium?
And Porte looking after the spots tomorrow ? At 45 mins on GC could he be allowed to go on for that on his own account?

Top Bottom