Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
The TV didn't help by focusing on the crash.
This a hundred times over. There's a race on, a sprint to the finish - that's what we want to see. We can come back to the pile up later.

400bhp

Guru
It was weird. I was trying to reconcile what I could see with what they were saying. I was wondering whether I'd got the perspective mixed up and maybe the EQS rider was obviously doomed to be caught, although he looked well clear. I was also trying to work out who it was. Cav? No. Kwiat? No, wrong jersey. Martin? No, wrong jersey and too mobile. The TV didn't help by focusing on the crash.

Aye, it took a few seconds to compute. I was thinking, the bloke in front wasn't in the race:wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was also trying to work out who it was. Cav? No. Kwiat? No, wrong jersey. Martin? No, wrong jersey and too mobile. The TV didn't help by focusing on the crash.
The Czech former-champion armbands were the giveaway (the other Czech EQS rider is Petr Vakoč who is both current champion and not in their Tour team), but weren't identifiable on SD until relatively close to the line. Surely the commentary positions have HD, though?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The Czech former-champion armbands were the giveaway (the other Czech EQS rider is Petr Vakoč who is both current champion and not in their Tour team), but weren't identifiable on SD until relatively close to the line. Surely the commentary positions have HD, though?
As has been said, on the commentary I was suffering with, the quality of whatever picture the commentators got was such that it appeared they couldn't see him at all, nevermind what colour arm bands he had on. As @Dogtrousers said it was weird, the idiots are going nuts about whose going to win from the sprint, and I was shouting "What about that bloke!!", they totally ignored him :wacko:

400bhp

Guru
As has been said, on the commentary I was suffering with, the quality of whatever picture the commentators got was such that it appeared they couldn't see him at all, nevermind what colour arm bands he had on. As @Dogtrousers said it was weird, the idiots are going nuts about whose going to win from the sprint, and I was shouting "What about that bloke!!", they totally ignored him :wacko:

But in a weird way, that adds to the enjoyment of bike racing. :okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Stupid flight of fancy: If a perfectly healthy cyclist elected to have surgery to replace his collar bone with a high performance space age material unbreakable artificial collar bone ... Would that be skeletal doping? :smile:

The Couch

Über Member
You guys need to start learning Dutch and watch Sporza ^_^
They were immediately aware that Stybar was ahead and the small group needed to get organized or he wouldn't be caught

As an extra bonus, you can watch the evening program "Vive le Velo" as well

raindog

er.....
chapeau! :becool:

bettiniphoto_0215067_1_full_670.jpg

The Couch

Über Member
Stupid flight of fancy: If a perfectly healthy cyclist elected to have surgery to replace his collar bone with a high performance space age material unbreakable artificial collar bone ... Would that be skeletal doping? :smile:
I would say no

Because it can't really help your performance
(it will of course help the drop of performance when falling down, but then they shouldn't be allowed to have caffeine either, right?)

A (bone) leg replacement however....

Last edited:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Froome interview to LeTour.com

Out of respect for Tony I would never have worn it in any case. That’s not the way to get the yellow jersey due to someone else’s misfortunes but Tony finished yesterday. I was second on the GC so there was no way to wear it. It’s never a burden especially in a stage like today, it’s definitely a stage for the sprinters so the pressure is on the sprinters teams to control the race and get to the front. It’s just another day to get through. So far the guys have done a fantastic job keeping me safe, keeping me out of trouble. Yesterday, there was a little bit of confusion out on the road in terms of who caused the accident. Vincenzo [Nibali] blamed me for the incident so I just went to the Astana bus to tell him what a f*cking Italian c*nt he is. It doesn’t really change too much for us because he thinks I'm a Kenyan c*nt. It made no difference if I was wearing the jersey or not. It’s about staying out of trouble, ahead of the crashes and getting to the finish line with no splits with the other GC contenders. Up to now, I’m in a very fortunate position. I was not caught in crosswinds. The cobbles went well. I’m in a very good position in terms of the GC standings going into the team time trial in that pole position if you like.

Can you spot the bit I've editorialised...?

Top Bottom