Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_craig

Veteran
Technically, is Martin still not in yellow as finished the stage? So therefore, is still the leader of the race until he doesn't turn up at the start line.

So there is no yellow jersey tomorrow.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It appears Nibali chucked a water bottle at him and then realised it was "mistaken identity"...so they have patched things up. Bless.

Just seen the interview with Nibali, after his chat with Froome, and he seemed to be pretty angry still. Comes across as a bit of a nobber, tbh.

All Froome did, as far as I can see, is swerve round Nibali to avoid the crash himself. It meant there was no room for Nibali to escape Barguil falling on him but that's hardly Froome's fault. And does he expect us to believe he would have done anything different in Froome's position? Twit.

The crash was entirely Tony Martin's fault, unfortunately.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just seen the interview with Nibali, after his chat with Froome, and he seemed to be pretty angry still. Comes across as a bit of a nobber, tbh.

All Froome did, as far as I can see, is swerve round Nibali to avoid the crash himself. It meant there was no room for Nibali to escape Barguil falling on him but that's hardly Froome's fault. And does he expect us to believe he would have done anything different in Froome's position? Twit.

I've just watched the ITV highlights and how Nibali ever managed to blame Froome is beyond me. Uno cazzo!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Apparently Tony Martin still wanted to continue but:

"Unfortunately, the collarbone is a lateral fracture," team doctor Helge Riepenhof said. "The collarbone is in lots of pieces, so it was a major impact. One of the pieces came through the skin, which means it's an open fracture. Therefore, even if it was Tony's wish to start tomorrow, I have to say he is not allowed to."

Well, err, yeah... :wacko:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Can anyone tell me why the climb they are about to hit is not categorised - looking at the stage profile, it appears to be more troublesome than those further along the route....

The finish climb wasn't classified either. I presume it's because it's officially classified as a flat stage so they want to limit the number of climbing points available.

It's a common occurrence though, isn't it? The classification is totally arbitrary and based on the whim of the organisers.

Valverde had a funny reaction too. Stating that Froome swerving had slowed him, suggesting that Froome had done it deliberately. Froome needs to appear on his bus too.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
if Nibali didn't hit froome then he was having a heaving bang onto the road, froome helped him a wee bit

Top Bottom